Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    I've been doing research on how to cure this problem. I'm a college freshman and smoked weed a couple times in the beginning of the year but stopped because i really don't like it its not for me. However, I drink a lot and one night after heavy drinking I have been experiencing "derealization"...its a horrible feeling that has been depressing me. i just want it to go away.

I did some reading and heard that "5-htp" pills will re-balance the chemicals in the brain and fix the anxiety/derealization supplemented.co.uk/products/5-htp-100mg-capsules. Is this true? I really hope so, I cant live with this feeling anymore!! Has anyone used this staff?

Pills won't cure anxiety. Anxiety is an emotional and mental issue that must be resolved through dedication, hard work and lifestyle changes. A healthy diet free from processed foods and rich in vegetables, fruit and wholefoods will give you all the amino acids, magnesium and other essential vitamins and minerals your body requires. There's no instant/overnight cure for anxiety. You have to take responsibility for your anxiety. It's not some foreign invader of unwelcome guest - it's part of you. You can pop every pill under the sun and it won't stop you being a worrier or constantly thinking in a pessimistic fashion. You could be so drugged up you felt numb and didn't care - hence why so many people self medicate or wind up on so many different meds for anxiety and depression that they're so numb from their true emotions they couldn't even begin to process them. That is where the heart of the issue is - emotions. If you repress or fixate or negative emotions for long enough your body will be in a constant state of stress and feel aches, pains and other symptoms. Fix the mind and the body will fall in line.

Ed
    How strong, how costly, the urge to fight our fate and turn back time. But life is meant to be consumed, not preserved to ward off doom. One can surely die from fear, before the end is ever near.

I do agree with you Raggamuffin to some extent. However sometimes life throws some pretty hard blows, EX: The love of your life cheats, your child gets in a serious accident, you have a major life change, like starting college. I think emotions can be very similar to a injured body part on this aspect. Therefore if one had a broken arm most people would take a pain killer for awhile during the healing time. I see medication for emotional wounds similar and just like pain killers they can be abused. I am taking a natural product right now called Relaquil however I have used used Zanax and now I am weaning myself off using this natural product while I emotionally heal. Going cold turkey doesn't works for me.

Hi,

I have read some posts on here and research.

I have very severe ocd and want to try some supplements. I have low vitamin d (found on blood tests). So I was thinking to try this, what do you think:

10,000iu for vitamin D for 3 months then going to 2000iu a month

Inositol: 18 grams a day

Vitamin k2 – not sure how much?

Chelated magnesium– not sure how much? (or another magnesium)

Maybe b12, but maybe bring in later?

a multivitamin - which brand?

All help and info appreciated, and also any good brands. I have researched so much but still not sure which route to go with brands etc

Thankyou

I take buspirone 7.5mg twice a day... can i take amino acids and magnesium with this? I dont really want to miss doses of the buspirone because it has helped some.

What's 5-htp pills?

I have only been taking B-vitamins and a multi, Amino acids sounds like a pretty good idea....

Quote Originally Posted by raggamuffin View Post
    Pills won't cure anxiety. Anxiety is an emotional and mental issue that must be resolved through dedication, hard work and lifestyle changes. A healthy diet free from processed foods and rich in vegetables, fruit and wholefoods will give you all the amino acids, magnesium and other essential vitamins and minerals your body requires. There's no instant/overnight cure for anxiety. You have to take responsibility for your anxiety. It's not some foreign invader of unwelcome guest - it's part of you. You can pop every pill under the sun and it won't stop you being a worrier or constantly thinking in a pessimistic fashion. You could be so drugged up you felt numb and didn't care - hence why so many people self medicate or wind up on so many different meds for anxiety and depression that they're so numb from their true emotions they couldn't even begin to process them. That is where the heart of the issue is - emotions. If you repress or fixate or negative emotions for long enough your body will be in a constant state of stress and feel aches, pains and other symptoms. Fix the mind and the body will fall in line.

Ed
    your post makes excellant sense. eating food that's on offer these days in the supermarket has taken us away from the simple foods and steered us towards eating ready meals etc that are so full of crud. i wonder if foods were scientifically tested. what exactly would be found it it (apart from horse meat..!) and on a 100% scale of how real the food is ie not additives combination etc.. ive gotten lazy regarding food due to severe depression/anxiety and so i am creating a vicious cycle as with alcohol its "self inflicted" and i need to make it my focus once again. cook from scratch. i only cook simple meals but i know what has gone in them. and there is the internet to get recipes on that are simple and if you are on a budget
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello people,

It is amazing to know the power of supplements in the human body. Indeed the benefits of taking supplements can not be ignored. My son had been suffering from anxiety since He was 3. I settled for amino acids and magnesium supplements. I'm glad my son is fully cured and happy again. Many thanks to every forum members....One word to describe you is priceless. Thanks to my supplements provider of all time, supplemented.co.uk you didn't disappoint me at any given time. I'm indebted to all of you and most importantly to Allah.

Happy member

Once upon a time, humans were able to sustain their mind and body simply from eating staple food. hmmmmmm - Glory be to the science that has thus far been able to sustain us in this biochemical age. I only hope my welfare payments will be able to meet my bodies demands and ponder the implications of those not as "blessed" as I bask in this here appreciation which feels more like a scam.

Thankfully, Epsom Salts are still cheap.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/