Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 45 of 57 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
    Hiya I'm new here I was jus wondering if you could tell me what type of magnesium and amino acids I should buy from my local health store and should I be taking them both together because I have read your post and it has really opened my eye's and offered me some hope to beating my anxiety any advice would be greatly appreciated many thanks

ANXIETY, Somebody help me!! Author: Sara Burillo.
    EXCELLENT!!! Fully Recommended! It speaks about amino acids and all of that! This book saved me... What book saved you?

Quote Originally Posted by scaff88 View Post
    Hiya I'm new here I was jus wondering if you could tell me what type of magnesium and amino acids I should buy from my local health store and should I be taking them both together because I have read your post and it has really opened my eye's and offered me some hope to beating my anxiety any advice would be greatly appreciated many thanks
    Go to the first post and the OP outlines the regiment. Before you start you may want to read some self help info some of which is available on this forum. The amino and mag helped me but it was not a cure all. It seems that this is as much or more about your own outlook and steering your thoughts in the right direction. If you need a quick temp cure to help you may want to try passion flower supplement (IM amazing) and some chamomile tea. Remember anxiety is all in your mind.

L-theanine is another Great AA for Anxiety

yea, I agree with you... I tried all those aminos and magnesium and it didnt help me. B12 actually makes me feel worse.

How many Mg daily of magnesium, and what are Amino Acids?

Well, besides magnesium, there are other medications as well.

Valerian – This is made from a tall fern like plant that is known for its sedative properties. It is a widely used medication for treating insomnia as well as moderate anxiety disorders. It also helps people to deal with the withdrawal phase that could happen when you discontinue using some anti depressant drugs. But it is best to consult your doctor before you decide to take this medication or you could suffer from horrible side effects. Among the minor side effects reported for this drug is drowsiness and dizziness.

Primal Calm – This is a dietary supplement that used to be called the Proloftin. It claims to positively influence the stress level in only 30 minutes of intake and the effect could last for the whole day. It is a non stimulant and non drowsy supplement that have little or no known side effects.

Benadryl – This is a popular anti allergic medication but is also used to treat symptoms of anxiety disorders. Those who have consumed Benadryl have noticed a decrease of their level of anxiety although the effects would vary from one individual to another. But the most common side effects would be drowsiness, grogginess and sleep disturbance.

Passiflora Incarnata – This is more popularly known as the passion flower which has been known to treat anxiety attacks during the ancient times. It contains flavonoids that work on the brain cells which are responsible for the anxiety attack. Among the possible side effects are nausea, headache, drowsiness and vomiting.

Chamomile – this herb came from the Chamaemelum Nobile and is known to relieve agitation and tension among individuals. It comes in the form of capsules, tea and powder. It should be taken moderately only because too much of it could lead to irregular menstrual cycle, itchiness, breathing problems, and other problems.

For me when I started to take melatonin, I felt a difference in my mental health. I was a lot more relaxed and was better rested after the many months of struggle.

Thank you for sharing. Im so glad these things worked for you as I'll bet they have much fewer side effects than prescription anxiety meds. I will definitely try magnesium and aminos

How long does it take to build up from a magnesium deficiency?

I bought some ancient minerals oil a few days ago and have been using it as instructed for 2 days, it seems to have made me more relaxed but we all know placebo can play a huge part in that.