Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Newbie Here :)

Talking Newbie Here :)

Hi all- My name is Ren. I've had anxiety/panic attacks for over 5 years so this isn't new to me. I wanted to find a forum of people that understood. You can try to talk to family and friends, but unless someone has experienced the feelings and thoughts, they truly don't understand. I've experienced a roller coaster ride with this illness. I'll do well for awhile and then all the sudden I have a flare up that can last any where from a day to a month. I am currently experiencing one of these flare ups and I want to be proactive and hopefully not let it get too out of control. I have a lot of stress in my life right now, but it's the kind of things I feel like I can't do anything about. I started taking my meds again....I know I know...I need to be consistent. I just hate the thought of having to take pills for the rest of my life and I am afraid of the long term effects. HOWEVER, it seems to be the only thing taking the edge off. I went to CBT for a few months which was awesome and a HUGE help, but my insurance changed and I couldn't afford it anymore. Supposedly my insurance is going to cover it again, so I plan on making an appt. right away! Thank you for letting me join your group

Welcome Ren!

Great to have new members and friends...

E-Man.