Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Starting Klonopin

I just came from the psychiatrist and he prescribed me Klonopin (Teva generic) for stress.

Just wondering, how does it feel/what does it feel like? I'll be starting tonight with a 0.5mg tablet before bed. Just a bit nervous, I guess :/

The only benzo I've had in the past was some Versed (midazolam) for procedural sedation when I had a colonoscopy. If anyone knows, how does it compare to that?

Thanks for the help!!

Klonopin is a longer acting(then midazolam) benzo and a good med. I bet it will help and be good for your anxiety.

I took a .5 mg tablet twice a day for a week. It starts working in 20-30 minutes (for me). It's not like a light switch or anything, but I just slowly felt the panic fading away. It seemed to last a long time (about 10-ish hours). It made me feel very sleepy, but since you're taking it before bed that's probably a good thing.
    When the road ahead seems too long and hard, look back to see how far you’ve come. For, even if the hill before you is steep, the view gives you hope to finish the journey.