Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: panic disorder?

GABA does not cross the blood/brain barrier...BUT L-Glutamine does...and is safe upwards over 20,000mgs a day...

L-Glutamine converts into GABA.

I'm down!!! Where do I buy it?

At any big box retailer...if you're in America, Walmart supplement and vitamin section..about $6 for a bottle. Take 2 to 3 tablets, 3x's a day....Oh, and if you have trouble swallowing giant tablets, chew them slightly (tasteless, odorless).....then drink.

Sweet!!! Thanks man!!

I have a horrible time swallowing pills. Especially big ones. Feels like I'm risking my life every time I swallow. Haha

Chew em or crush them and mix into a juice, milk, shake, anything...0 taste.

Yeah GABA is the main slowing or inhibitory transmitter(what benzos work on). The product PharmaGABA can cross the blood-brain barrier better than regular GABA so go with that.
    Really 5 HTP should be fine but your body makes 5 HTP from the protein l-tryptophan anyway so that's why I like it. It then uses the 5 HTP to make serotonin and melatonin. Let the body use the raw material at a lower level instead of further along the biological process. All it will do is give the body more of the only source for material to make that good serotonin from. The body cannot make it's own trytophan and some folks need more even though most get all they need from a normal decent diet. Whatever that is these days. Alankay

Opps GABA is a protein itself but glutamine is excitatory so don't use that unless depressed only I guess. That's why MSG(glutamic acid, etc) makes us nervous.
    GABA and serotonin calm while Dopamine, Glutamine, Noradrenaline and Adrenaline as well as Histamine all excite in some way. Bad unless only depressed that is.
    Serotonin is thought to be more of a "master" neurotransmitter as low levels of it cause improper levels and functioning is possibly all the others. They believe it's the single most important one and why all/most the meds act of it. It's thought restoring proper serotonin levels can fix improper levels of some or all of the others and why they(docs) starter there. I think they have that part of the puzzle right. Alankay

Ops...glutamate...