Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
    Hi can someone tell me where i can buy the amino acid supplement amino fuel? the GNC link doesnt work

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rzammit View Post
    Hi can someone tell me where i can buy the amino acid supplement amino fuel? the GNC link doesnt work

I got it from Amazon.

It didn't help me but everyone's different.

I found essential oils work great.

I contracted encephalitis ( brain infection) from mono and then suffered a bout of severe depression. I handle stress,anxiety, and sleep completely different after that point. My question is would those traumatic events alter my brain? (neutrotransmitters, amino acids, chemicals for sleep, etc.) to the point of causing an imbalance and something that my body can't regain?
    I'm in my 30's and that happened mid 20's Before the illnesses I slept fine, and handled stress fine (college credits to the max, working 2 jobs, volunteer work, working out) I feel completely different. I do still run, exercise, and do yoga to help but still not 100%. I'm just curious if this something to consider getting examined and/or start amino acids supplementation to see if anything changes.

I am beginning to think some of my anxiety is fueled by a lack of some essential supplements.

I remember 2001, I felt okay going to parties, weddings and other social events but now I find it very difficult stepping out of my house.

I have found exposure therapy useful and some other treatments but I need to get much better.

My anxiety makes no sense to meet because around 2003/2004 , it just started going haywire. I suspect it might be a chemical balance

I was going to try Bragg brand liquid aminos with coconut (not soy). I emailed them and they will start selling their coconut liquid aminos in stores in Nov or Dec 2016. I might just wait and then take them as liquid. I already get magnesium from taking my calcium -it has D, magnesium & zinc in it. That would be a dream come true if aminos helped with generalized anxiety disorder or any type of anxiety. Thank you.

I'm not a doctor but I heard that traumatic events can alter the brain, but that being said, I've heard that the brain can "regain" balance again, with certain therapies, not sure which, but there is hope. I've had environmental traumas happen which might have/possibly caused the probably already biological predisposition to anxiety/depression to go haywire. It may take me a long time to get over the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. It would be nice if the liquid coconut aminos I'm going to add ....if they actually help. That would be wonderful. there is always hope. P.S. I do yoga too. I haven't lately but I have the muscle memory for it, it's been about 3 weeks since I last did it regularly, but you reminded me to get back into it; it helps so much. Thanks.

Hello I am quite new to this forum, having undergone panic attacks and anxiety only recently.

I am so glad I found this forum and this thread.

Here is my story. Around 3 weeks I started to develop my first anxiety related problems. I had panic attacks, at least 2 a day. I had general anxiety. I woke up in a panic every day and I never got a good night's rest. I had brain fog, lightheadedness, tingling in my fingers and toes, cold feat, a feeling of being strangled constantly. The only thing I didn't really have was fever, nausea or dizzyness. I went to my GP twice, the emergency room once, my Gastro once (I have Crohn's disease). They all ran tests and I came back normal. So of course, everyone thought "ANXIETY". I also developed some phobias. For some reason I was afraid of the dark, the time between dusk and evening set off panic attacks each night. No idea why. I also seemed to get panicky around children. I tried to exercise to relieve stress, my panic attacks got worse.

After finally admitting to myself I had mental illness, I came to this forum, I read as much as I could.

I started taking a multivitamin that contained ALL of the essential B-vitamins, Magnesium, Calcium, omega 3. I also started taking 5-HTP supplement which cotnains magnesium and calcium.

Let me tell you..my brain is buzzing right now. Not in an unusual anxious way..but in a tingling happy way (if that can be explained). I don't feel "Euphoric" only happy that my symptoms have abated 80% already. I have no tingling, strangulation, nervousness, cold feet and just a touch of lightheadedness.

I am 100% convinced a vitamin/Mineral shortage was the center of my problem. I AM WRITING THIS IN THE DARK. Only my laptop and a small lamp are providing light. This might seem ridiculous. But a week ago I could NOT have done this at all without being in a brightly lit room.

I feel fantastic!

I am wondering if I should press the issue by taking another Multivitamin tonight. But of course too many vitamins consumed quickly is not safe. I am convinced that it would only bring me up to normal levels but should it be a placebo effect, it could be a problem.

I should just take one multivitamin every day right?

Considering I have Crohn's disease, I have a feeling I was not absorbing the nutrients and my GP didn't really think this out.

Thank you everyone and thank you to the OP! I never would have thought of upping my vitamins to cure my anxiety!

Unfortunately, I felt anxious at night. So much for my insta-cure.

I am not a doctor. But I have heard stories of people who have gone to naturopathic/holistic doctors or nutritionists (or maybe they are referred by their gastroenterologist? not sure). And they find out that they have mineral or vitamin deficiencies and they feel better after they take the minerals. I know some natural clinics around here give injections of one of the Vitamin Bs.
    I have never done this. Actually I have not ever really followed up on nutritional/vitamin/mineral therapy for my anxiety. Even though I know that my anxiety triggers my gasterointestinal problems (microscopic colitis). I have been just trying to treat the brain part to stop it from constantly sending anxiety signals to my stomach. I think those treatments cost too much, or the tests to find out and treat more gastrointestinal problems cost too much (like, I think I might have small intestine bacterial overgrowth-SIBO, which some say can be treated with one year's round of taking a certain antibiotic), but the tests cost too much to figure that out. And.....i figure that I need to treat the brain to stop sending the signals to my intestines (which is still very difficult, I also get tingly arms and lightheadedness in addition to the pounding heartbeat and shallow breathing). So as long as I don't train the brain, my body is going to keep having symptoms. I hope your anxiety is only temporary, as it sounds like it just appeared recently, it might just be a temporary thing. for some of us it has been lifelong and anxiety can be a very difficult animal to "tame" - i have not been able to get rid of mine completely, i try to just keep it low.