Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    I just received my magnesium chloride and twin lab amino fuel...time to test this out how it goes well

i have started taking 5htp is this the same thing?

I started taking magnesium and vitamin b complex a couple of weeks ago. I decided not to take the 5 HTP- doc said not to as I am already on an SSRI and taking them together could lead to excess seratonin.
    Haven't noticed a difference apart from the b vits making my pee extra yellow! But then I am quite cynical about vitamins etc curing anxiety so maybe am not in the right mindset. I believe that anxiety can only be overcome by the individual and not vitamins. While pills and therapy helps you get on the path to being anxiety free only the sufferer themselves can fix the problem.
    Saying that, I'm still willing to try any vitamin, supplement, med, treatment etc that mat help. Still need to try amino fuel, bit put off by the fact it's designed for body builders though! Xxx

Hi, I find it all very confusing. I googled amino fuel and it didnt sound like what I was looking for.5htp is specifically for anxiety and depression, sleep etc and I am not on any other medication and it looks like it has good results. Im in NZ and have been to many health shops and they dont seem to stock the amino fuel or anything like it.

I solved my anxiety by changing my diet, after suffering with anxiety for over eight years and being bounced from one tablet to another I couldnt believe that diet and exersize solved it. You should check out - www help anxiety dot net - I found a diet there that really helped me bigtime including some of the above.

Very interesting, I haven't tried L Glutamine yet. I have been taking B complex, L-Theanine (builds GABA) and L-Tryptophan (builds serotonin) along with magnesium -- for many months. It all comes in a supplement called Tranquilene. I need to take more than the recommended dosage to get as calm as I want, but I am pretty sure it's the amino acids in there that make it work so well.

As far as I have learned, amino acids help build neurotransmitters (along with b vitamins and other nutrients), and neurotransmitters keep us experiencing stress at healthier levels. But they definitely seem to be a key piece to the puzzle.

Overunder, How effective have you found the Tranqualine?

Thanks for sharing. I bought the amino acid and magnesium yesterday and will see what happens. Hopefully it will work

is magnesium taurate safe to take?

Magnesium is very very good and I never heard that someone is allergic on magnesium, but if you are not sure you can consult a doctor or take a smaller dose.