Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thumbs down moving on from all people that do not care about you

How are some ways I can move on from friends that I feel no longer care anymore?
    No they're not too busy either.
    And I am busy as well but always make time to at least reply to a simple text.
    It pisses me off others can't do it back.
    My friend suggested just enjoying time to myself, but I get bored easily...
    What do you think?
    I'm twisted like an Rubiks cube.
    Add me as a friend on here to talk..
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go to link below to see me and Esme.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

https://image.ibb.co/gCKsxq/33816540-807220306145297-7328234837234417664-n.jpg

I am old now at 59 and I experience the same thing as you. I believe it is better to have a few really
    good friends than many so called friends you are close to. For example. I met a guy at Starbucks near where I
    live. He is not married and has never been. I have been married almost 30 years. We became friendly as we
    met at Starbucks quite a bit. As I got to know him, he became annoyed and mad if you disagreed with him. After a
    while, I did not associate with him anymore as he became too disgreeable to even talk to and he also always complained to
    me. You will find that as you age, you will have a core set of friends and more acquaintances. I would not worry about it as you
    may also meet more friends at work, etc.

I was mad today because the person I was angry at I've known for years and I know them very well. My parents told me that when I was like 12 about the aquaintance and friends thing and I am already that way having a few very close friends. But everyone even them seem to be floating away. If it helps I have RAD and my therapist says something about me and attachments or something I haven't even looked it up. Sucks about your Starbucks friend things always seem nice in the beginning huh?

He was very nice at the beginning and then after I knew him over time, his true colors came out. He turned out not to be very nice and being around
    him caused me stress. I am better off not being around him and the same applies to some of your so called friends it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    He was very nice at the beginning and then after I knew him over time, his true colors came out. He turned out not to be very nice and being around
    him caused me stress. I am better off not being around him and the same applies to some of your so called friends it appears.
    I think it does, what I don't get is I love talking to people and helping and joking around and being there for people. It's hard for me just to not talk to anyone even for a half hour.

You have other friends and I am sure you will be able to make new ones. I sometimes strike up a conversation with someone I have never met before.

You have other friends and I am sure you will be able to make new ones. I sometimes strike up a conversation with someone I have never met before.
    I do that all the time because it's good for me to fight the little bit of social anxiety I have and if I don't they do. People are usually nice for the most part. I have a fear of being abandoned and my therapist says it might have something to do with me being adopted 10 months after being born but idk if I believe that. Just hate people going away and I can't deal with it, why bother making any friends in the first place?

I think it is worth taking the chance to try to make new friends, as you never really know how things
    will turn out unless you try. You may be missing the chance to make a friendship that may last a
    lifetime.

I think it is worth taking the chance to try to make new friends, as you never really know how things
    will turn out unless you try. You may be missing the chance to make a friendship that may last a
    lifetime.
    Thanks I'll have to just look at things that way without being naive.