Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: new member

Hello all.. Nice to have a forum like this ! I myself, suffer from anxiety and am considered a hypchondriac.. I guess it all started just before the summer I would experience stomach aches for 2 weeks and pain behind my left shoulder blade after going out and drinking with friends.. I had an EGD done and abdominal ultrasound which both came back normal, Dr. said this was all related to acid reflux and back spasms , 2 seperate problems.. The stomach ache subsided but now I'm dealing with some pressure under my left rib , and weakness in my left arm.. I had an xray and CT scan with contrast done, and everything came back normal.. I still get the pressure/tickling feeling but now I also get some weakness in my left leg as well.. I had a CBC blood count done which came back normal. I also experience burning after urination from time to time as well as eye irritation (constantly glassy, sometimes red) .. overall fatigue.. but the doctor's can't find anything wrong with me.. my family and dr. say this is related to anxiety. I spend way too much time of medical message boards.. Im 24 and was in great health prior to all these problems.. I just want to get back to living a normal life but something always holds me back.. any suggestions? Thanks for reading this!

Hi There

I can totally relate. Thus far I've diagnosed myself with cancer, skin cancer, MS, the list goes on.

Important note to self - stay off the medical forums and symptoms online.

I eat well, exercise every day in order to balance myself out mentally, take a daily vitamin/folic acid/etc. and only then will I feel healthy and not obsess about becoming ill.

It's tough tho. I'm in the process of seeking a therapist to talk to. Reaching out and self care is crucial.

Keep posting, sharing stories and reading about others.

It's amazing how many people have anxiety but not many will talk about it. Amazing.

Let us know how you are making out.

Happy Holidays too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sandy