Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I do this also, primarily when my mind is going over and over every mistake, or every time I have made a fool of myself in my lifetime. I just blurt out words or a short sentence.

So glad I have found other people like me!

My main shouts are "fuck off", "I want to die" and "I love her".

Happens much more often when alone and I'm anxious about something or thinking of an embarrassing/cringy memory.

I shout in my room alone and I know other people can hear me through the walls. Especially embarrassing to me when I'm doing the "I love her" and variants shouts. (I live in halls at uni atm)

Only thing that others haven't said that I have is neck jolts as well, often at the same time as the shouting.

Would be nice to talk to someone else with this. Can only find anything on it here and nothing on causes/how to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepardd View Post
    So glad I have found other people like me!

My main shouts are "fuck off", "I want to die" and "I love her".

Happens much more often when alone and I'm anxious about something or thinking of an embarrassing/cringy memory.

I shout in my room alone and I know other people can hear me through the walls. Especially embarrassing to me when I'm doing the "I love her" and variants shouts. (I live in halls at uni atm)

Only thing that others haven't said that I have is neck jolts as well, often at the same time as the shouting.

Would be nice to talk to someone else with this. Can only find anything on it here and nothing on causes/how to stop.
    Yep. ‘I love you’ is a main one as is ‘I hate you’ also I used to say ‘I want to go home’ but that seems to have stopped. So many similarities. I wonder if it’s a recognised condition. I can’t see that it is anywhere online ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by PollyPolly View Post
    Yep. ‘I love you’ is a main one as is ‘I hate you’ also I used to say ‘I want to go home’ but that seems to have stopped. So many similarities. I wonder if it’s a recognised condition. I can’t see that it is anywhere online ☹️
    Hey Polly Are the 'I love you' and 'I hate you' mainly directed at an ex? Half my shouts are to do with my ex.

Did it start when you were going through a very stressful time? Also do you have ADHD and are you on meds for it?

I mentioned it to my Psychiatrist and he said it might be a side affect to my ADHD meds but I'm not so sure.

I'm relieved to find that there are more people who do this same thing.

Like the other members have mentioned, I believe it is the anxiety and stress and the inability to control the thoughts that make one say things out loud.
    I say friends' names or call out for my mother. Over time, the name of the friend that I say out loud changes but it is very embarrassing when I do it around people because they think I want to say something to them. My mother has called me crazy a couple of times. That pushed me to meet a psychologist. It felt better after talking to her, trying to talk myself out of the negative thought patterns.

When I stayed alone, it felt okay as no one would see this side of me. Now that I'm back to living with my parents, whenever I say something involuntarily, I follow it up (involuntarily) with "sh*t, sh*t, sh*t", "shut up".

Do share if you have figured out how to not do this.

I had to sign up once I saw this thread. I was searching for reasons why I shout. And I stumbled onto this, and so here I am.

I am 42 years old, I do have depression, social anxiety disorder, and possibly full-blown PTSD, like some have already stated I do similar things, it started with mumbling things under my breath, and grew to where, if I was alone, I would start yelling or blurting out random non-sensical phrases, either out of shame from past mistakes, or I thought I was doing it because I felt the onset of depression, or I just feel so miserable. I did it once recently in the grocery store and caught myself before I got too loud.

Thank you all for sharing, I am glad to know I am not alone, and still puzzled as to what this may really be, if not Tourrettes something else... who knows.

It's really troubling to experience all these. I hope you can have it checked to maybe help you out medically?

Hi Shepard

Did you ever figure out what the cause and ways to fix it were? My symptoms are almost exactly like yours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by originalscreenname View Post
    I had to sign up once I saw this thread. I was searching for reasons why I shout. And I stumbled onto this, and so here I am.

I am 42 years old, I do have depression, social anxiety disorder, and possibly full-blown PTSD, like some have already stated I do similar things, it started with mumbling things under my breath, and grew to where, if I was alone, I would start yelling or blurting out random non-sensical phrases, either out of shame from past mistakes, or I thought I was doing it because I felt the onset of depression, or I just feel so miserable. I did it once recently in the grocery store and caught myself before I got too loud.

Thank you all for sharing, I am glad to know I am not alone, and still puzzled as to what this may really be, if not Tourrettes something else... who knows.

I do the same thing. Did you find out the cause and cure?

How are you? I hope you're okay and got your self checked already.