Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Not available
    Last edited by The Scottish Pedro; 07-12-2022 at 07:22 PM.

Hi Pedro. I would say given that your fear is based on having an anxiety attack or losing control in a specifically situation, that the scenario you present falls within the category agoraphobia. Just as autism is a spectrum disorder, so to can the severity of agoraphobia be considered in degrees. That is to say because you have agoraphobic tendencies or traits in a given scenario, that need not mean one warrants a diagnosis of agoraphobia. Such a diagnosis would depend on the level of dysfunction in relation to daily living as well as the regularity and triggering causes. Agoraphobia is listed as one of many anxiety disorders.

For instance the difference between social anxiety and agoraphobia is:
    The difference between agoraphobia and social anxiety disorder is that a person with agoraphobia fears having an anxiety attack or losing control in specific situations while a person with social anxiety disorder worries about experiencing embarrassment or judgment in social situations

What Is Agoraphobia

Many of these disorders can overlap which is worth baring in mind depending on the chronic and complex nature of individuals cases.

Sorry for the long answer Pedro. I don't know how to do short answers. ← However, in this respect I don't consider my long-windedness as a disorder.

Life is a disorder.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-26-2021 at 10:10 PM.

Many years ago my younger sister developed agoraphobia for a period of time. When she graduated from high school she had what I call a nervous breakdown and refused to leave the house for an entire year. She eventually snapped out of it on her own and later turned to illegal drugs and eventually overcame that obstacle too.

That thing I find, is, that, if you give in even 1 day and don't go out, its harder to beat and easy to make excuses to not go out ...1 day turns to 3 days and weeks sometimes. I have to force myself to go somewhere, sometimes. Not easy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    That thing I find, is, that, if you give in even 1 day and don't go out, its harder to beat and easy to make excuses to not go out ...1 day turns to 3 days and weeks sometimes. I have to force myself to go somewhere, sometimes. Not easy sometimes.
    I feel you. This is exactly me. Sometimes, when I need to go somewhere it's like I just want to teleport or something.

LOL I feel you guys! I'm too lazy mentally and physically to go somewhere.

Yeah, easy to get stuck in a rut. Its hard because I do need things and sometimes somebody has to go get me essentials. Sometimes its weeks for me. Ugh

It's hard to get motivated to go somewhere these days. Thinking of all the hassles and restrictions that add mentally, it's really hopeless to wanna go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindalex View Post
    It's hard to get motivated to go somewhere these days. Thinking of all the hassles and restrictions that add mentally, it's really hopeless to wanna go out.
    Sorry to hear that I haven't been going out either. People are coming by and trying to drag me out but I can't go ... I don't feel safe in public.

I'm sorry to say pedro it's worse than that; because they do. For most it's more a case of denial, yet the reality is know well enough for most. No matter the level, it seems we are all stuck in this CUBE.