Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Off to bed ... thought I best lighten up with this one:

I don't care if he %#@!s Chickens ....

Thank you, I never get sick of Robin.

Late night login ... 30 minutes off 1AM ... Working on a 7km distance zoom Panoramic Stitch that is dead on 1km wide ... using Google to identify the region I've imaged. Using topographic maps to pinpoint start and end points. It's been fun and I have lost track of time. I ended up riding my bike a few km's to get a good angle across the bay. I best listen to some relaxation tunes to wind down. Has been a good distraction for me.

Not really eating clean but getting up a sweat with the bicycle riding. Cough is still lingering damn it!

Hope all is well ... goodnight ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 12:30am

That sounds like fun - can't wait to see more of your pictures - those last ones are beautiful!

Too long to read? Try this → link if your want to chill. Is what I was listening to whilst writing this one up. I'll be referring back to it.

Yea Sal ... it is fun. Sometimes it can bog me down but I'm all for it as I find the creative process helps to alleviated the negative mind sets I'm often prone to. You and the others have been patient with me so is good to share something of worth back. I've been making an effort to recover from the ordeal of having to do that court affidavit. Does not surprise me I got sick after doing that.

The photos/images I am working on are not clear images but will do for my purposes. Just saying don't expect much in the way of clear sharp images. The compact super zoom is more about long range photography for sharing on the net with very little focus on pixel perfection. It's why I use digital filters and use them often. I like the 'less than real effects' as I don't really regard reality in the same way I used to. I've mentioned a few times that I never really got on in the photography forums. Not because I can't pull off great shots with good equipment. I was doing well with polished images and mediocre prosumer gear but sold it all off as my desire took a major hit over the years. I really don't like competitive attitudes and admit I struggle with the ego when it comes to such things. Hard to explain ... coming from a guy that actually likes to cross at the Ts and do the best he can. Lately I try not to be like that - but maybe clean up my dyslexia when I have the energy to edit for easier reading.

I will share some of my old images from time to time as my ... hmmmmm ... 'will' to take photos momentarily comes back into focus . For now I much prefer the solitude I find in long range photography. Such keeps me out of the lime light. Photos from kilometers away taking in the landscape and various people from a distance with pixelated results + some filtering is more fun for me at the moment. Feels safer and more comfortable. So far so good, with keeping active and getting out and about; even if only a couple of hours.

The setup location with the best angle made itself available around low tide which then also offered up the late afternoon sun. This helped the lacking sensor size of my little compact get a little more detail with greater luminosity and better shadows which give better depth perception. I tried a few other locations with my support worker earlier in the day, but later when I got a call from my son decided to jump on my bicycle and ride back to the previous location. Once I got to my spot I thanked my son for accompanying me, politely explained that I was unable to multitask; as I was deep in thought focusing on new observations re the same day's subject. I was up till 1am the following morning.

Upon seeing the tide had gone out, I was no longer content shooting from the shore line. I decided to push my bike out across the rocks to get a better angle. I would of left my bike locked up some distance from where I ended up - BUT - this township I live in sucks for bike theft and I simply can't afford for my bike to get stolen. I should of kept my $25 one! There was a time I would of ridden my Bicycle across the rocks but I'm now past all that given my busted shoulder now being what it is. I also don't want to chances with that. SO it was that I slowly ventured out pushing and even carrying my bike at certain points over the larger rocks until I got near the end where the sea decided it had receded far enough. I have to admit I was worried about getting back as I had not checked if the tide was going out or coming in. With this being a new spot and given my clumsy approach with bike and all across those rocks I pondered if I was doing the right thing. In the end I thought fuck it - It would not get any worse than ankle or knee deep.

Here is a shot I took fumbling with my phone despite thinking "fuck it" ... as I really did not want to get wet ... I chuckle now because all I really wanted to do after taking my photos was just sit down with my chair like I often used to. Instead ... this time I took the shot and got the hell out of there. Next time I check the tide times and be better prepared. I needed my bike lights for the return journey. Just as well I brought them along.

Perhaps the following image shows better what I mean about my setup location:
    I was about 200m in. The slipper rocks were slippery and it was slow going pushing and carrying the bike. I did not mind, but was just unsure about the tide was all and did not want to rush. The yellow lines pictures are aprox 6km to 6.7km long and 1km apart at the end location. Not in a rush with the rest of the details but will post soon enough.

I just like reflecting on my efforts for now. I share the following image as I reflect on then and now:

This image is with a better camera, when I was much fitter and had a full suspension bike that I actually rode over the large rocks like a balancing act. I carried a lot of gear back then and remember doing so often got in the way of just wanting to relax. That was another reason I sold most of my gear. That said I am now slowly gathering bits and pieces back ... Just not taking as much out in one go and settling for less qualtiy which is OK as I now have different goals:

I can't beleive that even though it's only been a couple of years, how just how much I have changed in both terms of physical and mental. I just say I am OK with that fact though. I think the reason why I like to observe so much with my camera and why I have changed from nature to people and buildings has a lot to do with the changes taking place later in life regarding getting older. Not exactly wiser as I still struggle with the ego that latches onto to the same programing that society pedals with all its damn noise and endless construction. The latter something that really shows in my latest panoramic project. I do like to highlight people amongst all that insanity as they are go about their business.

Here is a shot I pulled from 4km on the shore line from said position. She is just a spec in the big picture ... but is fun drawing out the pixels to see what can be found in amongst it all. With a little compact that fits into a large pocket, I feel like the voyager 1 probe if it could feel as it did it's thing traveling the solar system ... and still is doing at some 22 billion km/s distance.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

Best to refer to second image at top to get a perspective on the below image to appreciate the observational hobby that can be had with such a little compact. (Not a bridge camera - might upsize to that soon enough the P1000)

Perhaps not for everyone - but beats my binoculars and also having to cart around a terrestrial telescope. The fact it can take photos and videos is even better. I caught a guy who caught a fish not long ago. I should turn that into a little clip.

One of about eight I stitched together to make the Panoramic. Will share tomorrow if I finish OCDing over it. : )
    4.1km to shore line and 6 km to middle house in background. Elevation up to 50+ meters @ highest point!

Well that's a wrap with this post. Thanks for letting me share.

Until next post. ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-28-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Hello peoples. Welcome once more to my backyard. Point Vernon Queensland Australia as seen overhead via google maps in satellite mode.

Allow me to simplify. Gauge all images on the far bottom left hand corner one. I specifically took that one (albeit from the location of the blue dot not too far from my final location which was at low tide as explained in previous post) from the perspective of human vision without any optical aids. You might wonder how I can do that still looking through my camera. I just simply backed off the focal length (zoom/magnification) but not so far back as you get with most online zoom tests or ultrawide field of views that are not natural to the human eye. I zoomed in and out a few times until I thought it matched what I was seeing without the camera. The focal length to emulate the human field of view is different with different sized image sensors (different cameras) and when zooming in and out + background compression (makes background larger) can also be another variable. Having taking the shot at where I figured the human focal length was on par with a person walking by was perfect for this image to be used as a reference for distance and what this little compact camera has to offer in terms of superzoom.

See if you can follow along the pink line as described:

OK - If I explained that well enough and your still with me - then next phase of this puzzle is to focus on the PINK LINES. To me this facet highlights the potential to capture people from a very long distance regardless of the pixelated format as rendered in the displayed overlay resting above the camera in the below picture. (Person walking a dog) From that image, if you follow the pink line to the next overlay (resting above the starting red line [my bike journey]) you will find a key hole looking shaped (which I see now and kicking myself I did not etch that in more) which is the former image but now zoomed out showing you more. Most notably the afternoon sun reflecting off the barkless parts of the tree trunk 'directly in front/adjacent' (camera perspective) of the person having their pre-evening stroll. That tree acts a good marker for the panoramic layout pictured above. It's the exact same tree above it although now zoomed out yet again where the walking is but a couple of rectangular pixels directly under that tree.

Now follow the pink line back to the far bottom left hand corner image which is pretty much how I was seeing wen gazing out across the low tide towards that Dundowan Beach front without the aid of the camera's optics. Just with my own eyes + a pair of prescription glasses. Although as mentioned this was from the position of the blue dot and not where I took the panoramic shot with my bike. The distance is still pretty much the same so still works as a gauge.

...cont below

Moving On ... Just like the that tree trunk, the cropped image of the four houses on the far upper left of the overlaid panoramic show up pretty well. I'm not sure what size houses you guys live in, but it's hard to beleive that around these parts you get only couples living in some of those huge spaces. Not always, but I see a lot of couples (generally older) living it up like so. Apparently there are houses/property worth up to 2 million dollars within Dundowan / this Panoramic.

It's worth noting how the angular perspective combine with the background compression of the zoom can make it really tricky to work out with Google where all those places are at. I had to use an online topography map in conjunction with google earth + google maps to piece all the information together. This kind of became a puzzle for me which I have not yet finished playing with.

I won't go too deep into it now other than to say there is a main road running between the elevations that I refrain from listing in this shot as is busy enough. I'll save that for my next rendition as I cover more the parallel distances in-between houses as too the depth at which some are sitting back. The last house on the far right is HUGE! To the left of that is a house that sits the deepest back into the image with field that will most likely spring up more houses in the near future.

In fact that reminds me of how fast houses are going up in that area that on google map street level I would see none of the houses I was looking for until I did a satellite view. At other times I would see lots with with trucks, backhoes and other assorted building infrastructure. Dundowan does seem to have a lot of different architecture / house designs which does help in locating the different buildings. This project is a great way if your looking to find line of site for either hand held communications, drone flight paths and or just wanting to spec out photography subjects. Consolidating the use of an online topography map really helps. The current laws regarding drones make it difficult for recitational users. As you can tell from the above image I could not help myself. I would have to do a mars flyover of every back yard. Laughs out loud.

I have a couple of ideas for the near future with perhaps the use of the much smaller drones for simple near field shot ... but that is about all. Google is the only drone footage I need with my super zoom. At least for now.

I think this post is complete enough. Not sure when but I'll get around to showing that panoramic soon enough. I need to focus more on the big picture as I consider my next subject whilst learning from this one.

PS
    - other than using the image in far bottom right hand corner to gauge ... you can also refer to where those two yellow lines converge - re the 2D overhead google map view being where I was with my bike looking through my little camera. Hoping I would not drown as I tried to avoid an incoming tide.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Goodnight.

Unfortunately I do not have a paid image hosting site. This means I am unable to share the higher resolutions images which is how panoramic should be shared. I am setting up to download my Flikr Data to free up space and or create a new account where hopefully I can share pics that way. For now I will just share some at the widest width I can in here.

I went for a drive over to the other side to take a shot of the camera location. They be the rocks I scampered over with my bike although I think the tide was further out and more rocks exposed. That's about 6km shot looking back from the 4 houses in the introductory image in the last post. Magnified of course.

This one showing more the tree line the runs along the beach but again from the other side. They are fair sized trees considering it's just sandy soil.

Once I can get a popper hosting site up it's more interesting seeing these images at a much lager size that requires scrolling across the screen:

__________________________________________________ __________________

Not doing well ... deleted my post but will leave the pics.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-31-2021 at 09:31 AM.

Hey Sal ... (or anyone else) when you feeling up to it. Would you mind clicking on the last image and going to the Flikr webpage and then hover the magnifying icon over the image and click once then twice. Once you do that you should be able to move the mouse around to explore the image. Of course this may depend on your screens native resolution. For those running a 1080p screen it should work like that. Those running 4K are beholden to high resolution images where these blog ones of mine want work quite the same as they do for 1080p screens. It will but just not the same. Anyways - understand if your too busy. Just when you can. Cheers.

1:35am here. Finding it really hard to sleep. Unfortanley got some bad news. Still processing. Hope I don't get shot for subbing a months worth of Flikr Pro.

Night ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz I hope.
    Last edited by Ponder; 05-31-2021 at 09:40 AM.

I'm sorry you got bad news. I know you're processing it and perhaps talking about it at some point could help, but I understand if not. I'll be sure to check in on you each morning. A bit after 7PM here and am just going to find something stupid to watch besides the news and everything because I feel so very raw and just awful.

I can magnify that image twice and explorer it just fine and it very nice.

Hope you can get to sleep and feel better when you wake.

Thanks Sal. Not sure it will help but I am feeling the same way atm.

I too try to sleep and see if I feel better in the morning.

Thanks for checking in. Means a lot.