Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OverThinker View Post
    Thank you, Sal!
    You're quite welcome and feel free to post here wherever/whenever you want to as there really isn't much going on here anyway. Questions or just need to vent or get something off your chest ... if you don't fancy the formal introduction, start you own thread by all means if you like, or I"ll read here if you want to also - either way.

Wishing everyone well this week going forward.

Just going to watch something light tonight, I think. Can't focus at all. Its gonna be harder than I thought to get back up and my fear(s) are even stronger now than before of being outside around others. Anyway, tomorrow's another day.

Need to cheer up with this movie tonight

Hi Sal, just letting you know I made it home safe and sound.

What's the movie? The link looks broken my end.

So glad you're home now.

It was a comedy spoof of a horror movie with Leslie Nielsen at his comedic best. Perhaps is blocked in your area. The direct link is:

This youtube query should put it at as the 1st video.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+%282006%29+HD

Or:

https://thewikihow.com/video_iFm-KZgioX8

http://thewikihow.com/embeded-video/TWH-iFm-KZgioX8

It's quite funny - very funny actually. Leslie was at his best so I hope you can see it. If not, I'll find a way to upload the vid somewhere else if blocked in your geo.

I'm just ok this morning and very confused and worried I'm not sure whats going to happen today really but I know staying in the house won't help either, so I don't know.

That kept a smile on my dial from start to finish. He certainly gave them all an eye full when tinkering with the machine.

Some links come up not available in your country but the first one worked no problem. All the more reason I would like a VPN again but already have more than I can afford in the way of all those subscriptions. I might treat myself to a prepaid yearly VPN sub later on when able.

I hear ya and feel for ya Sal. Maybe just stick with to watching some of those comedy's and a few of your favorite horror flicks (I enjoyed watching The Rite again) and go out when your feeling more like it. I find forcing myself is not always the best course of action. Finding the will is what makes those pushes more doable thus often more important. Let whatever cycle as it must.

Edit - Really liked that ambiance link you put in on your previous page. I used it out on a walk.
    Last edited by Ponder; 06-15-2021 at 03:50 PM.

Glad you enjoyed both the ambiance link and the movie clip - I miss Leslie Nielsen and was sad when he passed.

Today I cleaned my carpet on my hands and knees. it was starting to look like the lobby of the airport. Don't get me started on the bathroom ... looks like a 24 hour gas station. They say cleaning is good for the soul. Haha

Hopefully I'll make it to starbucks today.

I hope starbucks went well?

Sal? Good Coffee? This forums echo's too much when it's only me.

If I may be so bold:

I'm back to looking for a new space to post but still can't find any. Hope your back to feeling able to post whenever.

Good news

I am here. Sal ... I really appreciate you doing that and the way you expressed like so in that post reminded me why I like you so much. I'm just not sure I want to be a part of the mental health forums myself anymore.

I have been up since 1:30am ... now almost 3am as I type out these l-e-t-t-e-r-s. I just spent a bit of time creating this:
    https://onlinejournals.proboards.com/
    It's only 1 and a half hours work ... but I think I am onto something.

You are most welcome to become a part of the creation side of things or give me ideas what features you would love to see in your ultimate forum.

History has shown me that things never stay the same. I do have a two close offline friends who live some distance from my town whom I have known for for about 15 years. I have had some online friends for years running. Currently you are my best online friend and I think its been quite a while now. No pressure, but if you find starting out in a blank forum a little to isolated I will understand. I am just hoping you might still read me from time to time is all.

I will go back into my Journal in this here forum and explain why it is that I am going down this route. I will of course in turn follow you either way despite carving out an entire new forum that better suits my needs. Once again Invite you to play a part and have the forum tailor made to your own preferences as well. It's just there are some limiting things in general forums that this forum does not have. Moderators being one of them. I will explain more back in my thread as I don't want to take up much space in your own.

That said and more to the point about you.
    Hang in there! You choose to take the paths that best suit you. Not just talking about where your journal ends up ... but in general daily living is all. I am about to make a major life decision on what it best for me and not others. I explain later. I know you have the capacity for peace. I know we all do. I also know the capacity for pain and I respect what your saying regarding suicide. I find there is a healthy although still very much challenging way to express around this topic and like the topic of 'End of life' in general there can be some good in simply acknowledging when we feel this way. This is another reason I am creating my own forum without (visible/show boating) moderation. The language we use is everything.

Either way I am feeling for you and with you. For now I go make cuppa, think more on my 'sales pitch' to entice you and perhaps some others. Chuckles ... because it's really not about that. But I would like to explain further on my aims without taking up anymore space. Again - you really expressed that so well asking the way you did.