Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As a teenager, I had some bad anxieties when it came to meeting women.

Nowadays, at the age of 41, I still don't date a whole lot. But at the same time, I'm not as nervous as I used to be while talking to women that I'm attracted to.

When I was young I was pretending not to be anxious, I was anxious but covered it well. I was graceful beautiful woman so it was easy for me to make new friends, you know how it is, we not suppose to judge book by its cover but people do, Even with a lot of dates and awesome men in my life I was always kind of shy. and anxious, Not anymore, I do not think with the age you are more anxious. I think it is opposite, I am not anxious anymore, So many years I was stressed out and survived, so anxiety probably will not kill me, but old age will
    CBD oils helps me a lot to be calm, a lot
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

Quote Originally Posted by salvator here View Post
    I couldn't agree more with that statement!

And BTW..

Welcome back, Camille
    Thank you! It's nice to be back 😊

Quote Originally Posted by MainerMikeBrown View Post
    As a teenager, I had some bad anxieties when it came to meeting women.

Nowadays, at the age of 41, I still don't date a whole lot. But at the same time, I'm not as nervous as I used to be while talking to women that I'm attracted to.
    Maybe because we care too much if people will accept us when we were young. But as we get older, we start to care less about how others think of us. If they want us, good. If they don't want us, fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindalex View Post
    Maybe because we care too much if people will accept us when we were young. But as we get older, we start to care less about how others think of us. If they want us, good. If they don't want us, fine.
    This is so true, and notice how we get older, we want more quiet time for ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmCamille View Post
    This is so true, and notice how we get older, we want more quiet time for ourselves.
    As much as I can relate to that, I find much conflict in what seems to be an innate desire for quality connections in others, despite those others who care less for me or anyone else. The latter being a rebound issue where some individuals think we're impenetrable through adopting a mindset where we ourselves could care less as we get older as if being like so is an antidote to not belonging and or fitting in. On the contrary, the more I think I care less about belonging, the more my solace turns to loneliness. I'm wondering if it's in that realization and coming to terms with such, that only then do I enjoy the quiet that quells the mind? Like this is my interpretation and my attempt with being honest with self.

Like I get where the thinking of caring less about what others think comes from, however it can be a double edge sword to not caring at all. No doubt balance is key.
    Last edited by Ponder; 04-07-2021 at 07:26 PM.

I get what you mean. Maybe the caring less would be for relationships or people who were toxic. Maybe it's about knowing who to keep. That there will be certain people who no matter how much you love or how close you were, need to be cut off from your life to bring you peace. There are also relationships that even though you don't talk to often, the thought of them and the thought that they'll be there or they're just one message away brings you joy and contentment.