Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Absolutely you're here for a reason, Gypsy. You have a daughter and to her you are her whole world. You are helping people on this forum. Your mother needs you. You have friends and people you may help and not even know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne1221 View Post
    Absolutely you're here for a reason, Gypsy. You have a daughter and to her you are her whole world. You are helping people on this forum. Your mother needs you. You have friends and people you may help and not even know it.
    Thanks Anne x
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Well, I can't say I'm too thrilled with the current direction in Western politics and America, and climate change etc, but it is really just a bump in history. I mean for gosh sakes we are all sitting around posting on this forum from our nice air conditioned homes with indoor plumbing and store bought food. I still get up every morning and go to work and walk my dog and cook supper like always. Sure it could be gone tomorrow but I doubt it. Human suffering always exists somewhere but having some sort of existential crisis is not suffering. Sounds like first world problems to me.

Why live when we're all gonna die anyway? Everyone has a purpose and a will to survive. I'm not religious at all, and my life is not that great right at the moment, but I have people who love me and my pets and lots of moments of happiness. I could despair and end my life but like others have said, the world will keep on turning like always.

"Uh, money IS necessary to survive and thrive. Do you think the millions of homeless and poor would agree with you?"

when you were talking about catastrophic events... i had mentioned that money is a man made idea... meaning that it is made up by man and only necessary because men agree that it is... and women (politically correct there). the problem of homelessness and hunger is that this is not nor has ever been a "money problem" its a society selfishness problem.

a homeless person would have a hard time making a house out of actual dollar bills and he cannot fill his hunger by eating dollar bills either.

point is... money is only important because everyone agrees it is... and since people confuse money with actual wealth very few people will know how to make it in times of trouble or if the bank shuts down for more than a day lol

money is not necessary for survival in the sense that it is one of our human needs. we just think it is ;-)

there are always things to live for... i had a hard time coming to grips with spirituality, politics, and many things like that.

at a turning point in life it is good to look for things outside your realm and stretch your mind a little.

right now it seems you are looking at many things one sided... bad things bad things, bad people doing bad things, life bad.

when there is actually a lot of good out there... BE the change you want to see in the world.

the problem is - the good does not get news time... because the bad sells commercials.

is it possible that life is both good and bad at the same time... is it possible that your lens is just focused on the bad.

the best medicine is this... go help those less fortunate than you... and take a 1 week "computer fast" or vow not to look at end of the world stuff online.

here are some predictions that failed:

2012 Maya Apocalypse
    y2k
    May 21, 2011

there are tons of others... and according to my church i went to growing up... jesus already came like 40 times lol

there will be more with trump in office... people freak out over everything

to calm this down... read 1 hour of good stuff before bed every night... like stuff about people helping each other or philosophy... philosophy took my anxiety and stress from a level 100 to like 2 :-)

you will be ok... its all in your mind... and you have the rest of your life to worry... so today you don't have too.

my guess... you are probably a really intelligent person and you just need something to focus it on.
    if you like my comments you can check out my little videos on anxiety and sobriety here:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    ps: although i like to answer people and help them with anxiety... i am not even close to having it "all figured out" i'm just one out of 8 billion people navigating life to the best of my abilities... and i found some things that work for me :-) hope it helps you too.

Money is necessary for certain situations such as providing for food and shelter. Money does not buy happiness or health, but can
    make your life more enjoyable.

Hi, just wanted to confirm that I am the OP and was not the one who made this post:

"Uh, money IS necessary to survive and thrive. Do you think the millions of homeless and poor would agree with you?"

I think you got confused and thought he/she was me. However, I do thank you for your words. I'm trying to do better.