Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolfeg123 View Post
    This is an interesting post. Keep us updated on how you go. Are you still on SSRI inhibitors?
    I wrote a response to this and lost it somehow :|. Short version - quit ssri's in about 2007 after continually getting worse starting with just mild anxiety. Tried again (viibryd) for a few weeks while not even depressed in 2013. Suicidal within a week. Went off that after about 2 weeks and eventually started feeling a little better. I occasionally take clonazepam now but am almost out and don't have a psychiatrist (hard to find any that take medicaid and they have all been terrible compared to who I used to see when I had money to pay out of pocket).

The entire time I was feeling worse and worse I was on SSRI's. I quit them and didn't feel any worse but was really bad off for a few years. Once I started seeing a counselor and trying to get out more I have very slowly started to feel better. I'm still very far from feeling normal at all though but I'm not in complete hell anymore. When I say I feel "better" or "good" its really just comparing to when I was at my worst. Compared to most people I would say I'm still very unwell. Progress is progress though and as long as I keep feeling better maybe someday I will feel well.

I see. It's good to hear that you have come off ssrii inhibitors. That must have been a rough time. I think it's really important to keep yourself busy through some form of interaction with others, just as you are doing with this forum. The interaction also doesn't have to be confined to the workplace environment; I'm sure that there are many welcoming clubs that you can join in your local area.

My anxiety becomes really awful sometimes especially when there are external things pressuring me. At one point I have not slept for 3-4 days because of this, which has caused all sorts of problems that I have never had before. I'm sure however that your base stress is high at the moment and can be lowered through facing your problems head on as you are now planning on doing. Good luck

I believe work will keep your mind occupied, give you a sense of accomplishment, a sense of independence and allow you to enjoy your life to a larger extent.

You don't need a J-O-B to give you a sense of accomplishment, a sense of independence and allow you to enjoy your life to a larger extent.

Don't think of it as "WORK" It's such a dirty word these days. Couch cough ... J-O-B ... allow me to clear my throat. It's such a judgmental concept in a society that competes and breeds the addictions/conditions that leads to forums like these.

My kids - having also stemmed from such a toxic branch are always left feeling inadaquet/incomplete going from J-O-B to J-O-B. Today's world has little time to teach, yet makes a fortune selling off educational programs that actually do little to inform. Those the make it out the other side that meet the prerequisites and are finally chosen to fit some kind of "TASK" will of course pick up the torch and claim to speak for those of us deemed "ill-equipped" LMFAO @ that one.

Hence - this is where our friends on ignore come from. Smiles @ such a thought. Hello my little pretty.

Truly ... If it's distraction one is looking for ... a J-O-B is not the only answer, although the elites will only acknowledge such. You can keep busy without such oppressive means to seek an end. In fact ... work as it is today knowns no end! One just becomes an autonomous drone with it's only purpose to spin the economic wheel. However - if your lucky and your able to land yourself a spot ... then for sure ... a J-O-B can alleviate your condition just as pharmaceuticals can ease someones pain. Just be careful of how the need is created ... and that you don't end up feeling incomplete because the need to find relaxing job only seem to highlight your predisposition.

Not something the lucky ones want to hear ... but is indeed worth mentioning.

Having said all of that ... good luck with the job hunting. All the best.
    Last edited by Ponder; 10-28-2016 at 03:16 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

A very poor and ignorant response, but no real surprise on this end.

Try to get a job you enjoy. Most people work unless they are mentally or physically ill or rich.
    Money does not buy happiness, but it allows you to enjoy your life more. No one said work would be
    easy, but for most of us it is necessary.

Where does some of this advice come from? It is very negative and counter productive. You need encouragement,
    not a Debbie Downer. This type of advice comes from a person who has no ambition. sense of accomplishment
    or drive. Probably a user and not a doer. We should have pity on him that he is that way.

Kirk, you realise you can add stuff to a post using "edit"?

This thread seems to have been derailed a bit. My apologies to the OP on behalf of the offenders
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Would you actually like to discus what I have previously said Kirk ... or shall you continue on with your board of director corrections? Tisc Tisc.

Please do allow me to speak for myself. Thank You gypsy.

Any offense taken says more about those who perceive. My response is undoubtedly NOT aimed at the OP. More so to that which had a fit with the post button. Ratatatat. LOL @ the mention of edit option. Well said. I learned that one long ago.

Nothing wrong with keeping the comments real. That's my contribution. I wonder it you can let it go or if you'll drag it on and create that heavy vibe of which you speak? If so please do try a response that touches on what is acrtually said rather than your typical character assassination. I at least focus on some other point whilst taring my brush.

"Not something the blessed ones want to hear ... but is indeed worth mentioning." Clearly directed at Captain Kirk. WannaB MD and all others who fly such ideals.oo

"Having said all of that ... good luck with the job hunting. All the best." Clearly I have no ill will towards the OP. Point made ... moved on ... but flag flyers will continue to wave.

Very srry Mr/Miss/Mrs OP ... sometimes I just can't help it when I hear BS.

So in light of the fact I do not require others to do my talking and can very well speak for myself:

I'll Once more say:
    .... Having said all that ... Good luck with the job hunting. All the best.

EDIT
    With regard to My Lack of Ambition:

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/threa...nerator.67099/

http://www.photoforum.com.au/showthr...-Dave-s-Photos

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...arning+content

https://www.flickr.com/gp/71988794@N08/4Hq51s

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showth...6-Dave-s-Space

http://www.keyboardforums.com/thread...dividual.27378

http://www.thepoetryforum.co.uk/show...-the-Sun-amp-I

Last but not least (in this unfinished list)

My Volunteer Work To Help those at risk of homelessness: → News Story I was interviewed on.

I am please to say that peerhaps is still going strong: (We may not run out of the building and get paid - but we have helped quite a few people now and still doing so in the background; while inter agencies squabble over where their next $ is coming from - such is their ambition)
    https://www.facebook.com/peerhapsQLD/
    http://www.peerhaps.org.au/
    Everyone thought we would burn and crash ... ... Is a testament to our strength that we are still going and doing it for free with no help from anyone but ourselves.

... that's just scratching the surface Kirk. The difference between you and me, is one of us is real, the other ... well ... I'll just let you speak for yourself.

I am srry OP ... but when Kirk continually attacks my Character without addressing the issues I attempt to raise ... I feel compelled to stand my ground. You see ... I am not someone without ambition. I know what I am talking about. I am not perfect, but I am very much real and for the most part, my intent is real.

Finding a stress free Job will never happen when you see work as a J-O-B ... that is all I was trying to say. I am deeply srry for taking up your space. I truly wish you all the best.
    Last edited by Ponder; 10-29-2016 at 11:10 PM.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

“The plain fact is that the planet does not need more successful people. But it does desperately need more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of every kind. It needs people who live well in their places. It needs people of moral courage willing to join the fight to make the world habitable and humane. And these qualities have little to do with success as we have defined it.”

― David W. Orr, Ecological Literacy: Educating Our Children for a Sustainable World

“We should do away with the absolutely specious notion that everybody has to earn a living. It is a fact today that one in ten thousand of us can make a technological breakthrough capable of supporting all the rest. The youth of today are absolutely right in recognizing this nonsense of earning a living. We keep inventing jobs because of this false idea that everybody has to be employed at some kind of drudgery because, according to Malthusian Darwinian theory he must justify his right to exist. So we have inspectors of inspectors and people making instruments for inspectors to inspect inspectors. The true business of people should be to go back to school and think about whatever it was they were thinking about before somebody came along and told them they had to earn a living.”

― R. Buckminster Fuller
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer