Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Natural remedies...

Aromatherapy. it’s a funny thing smell. When I am stressed and I walk into a room that has a aromatic smell (not these ghastly room sprays) I immediately notice my solar plexus relaxing, the constant churning in my solar plexus (anxiety) just leaves.

When I get over anxious I actually get what I call stress sweats. High cortisone levels I imagine, think its called adrenal exhaustion. So yes it is stinky and highly unpleasant 

so yes pure essential oil do ease anxiety symptoms something like lemon balm is good and i find rose very nice and rosewood to name a few. have a look on aromatherapy sites for guidance for the smell o vision!! on how to use.

DONT ever put pure essential oil onto your skin there are just 2 that you can do that with. but i would encourage you to have a look on a aromatherapy site

for me i burn essential oils in a little burner these also are on the site i would imagine. remember never leave them unattended if you do use an oil burner.

in the new year i reckon i am going to treat myself to an aromatherapy massage. but its finding a good one!!
    cough and the world coughs with you. fart and you fart alone
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Great Subject Cloudy. I've struggled these later years with sinus issues. I have to admit since eating only whole foods and eliminating junk and process foods; my ability to smell has improved a lot. I think once the dust settles after the Xmas period, I will for sure look into Aromatherapy. Perhaps an electronic dispenser. You post inspired me to pull out a few sections of a book I got off kindle a whiles back.

I did a couple of short videos on topics that relate to this forums agenda with regard to how Aromatherapy can help. I did not give it as much thought until I saw your post. PM me if your interested in the book - I can assist you in sourcing it out.

Aromatherapy Anxiety and Fear

Aromatherapy Depression
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BebqagThAY

Aromatherapy Insomnia Fatigue and Memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbuiF5tkpBE

Aromatherapy Stress & Nervousness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unTM0YgxaB0
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Anybody have a favorite scent?

........Lavender.
    "...the cost of sanity in this society is a certain level of alienation" ~ Terrance McKenna → https://pondermovedhere.blogspot.com/

Even smelling the lavender flowers calms me down a bit.
    I also like herbal teas, like chamomile and linden. I make the tea extra strong, and it helps. It's not only the calming properties of it, it's also the process of making it and then sitting and drinking the warm tea, slowly. It slows you down.

One finger or two?
    I now dislike the aroma of lavender, because I used to use lavender essential oils when my breakdown was at it's worse. I'm now doing much better but the smell of it now reminds me of when I wasn't doing so good..

Oh the irony :P
    It's what your right hands for..

I can without question understand scents being a trigger rather than a benefit. Some cologne scents trigger me badly for very personal reasons. I know that didn't have much to do with natural remedies but just to say I get it.

For me I guess it would be Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyPixie View Post
    Even smelling the lavender flowers calms me down a bit.
    I also like herbal teas, like chamomile and linden. I make the tea extra strong, and it helps. It's not only the calming properties of it, it's also the process of making it and then sitting and drinking the warm tea, slowly. It slows you down.
    I also love tea for so many reasons

One finger or two?
    Camomile tea is great, it smells gash though!
    It's what your right hands for..

Never really thought too much about scents helping anxiety, but I will say that one scent in particular really gets to me in a good way. Patchouli Oil. Omg the smell of that stuff gives me the most blissful feeling, not sure why. It's erotic to my nose.