Hey guys,

I need a little guidance. I am currently taking medication but also really wanted to try counseling to try and get to the root of the anxiety I have experienced since I was young. I've had several sessions with the therapist I'm currently seeing (5? 6?) but I don't feel like we have a connection or that the therapy has been useful so far. My major gripes are that my therapist spends a lot of time figuring out how to use her computer or looking up things up during our session, and often gives an air of being... frustrated with me almost? She rarely says much or prompts me during our sessions but also seems irritated that I talk a lot to fill the void. When she does talk, she often talks about what's going on in her own life, She gives me a lot of handouts that don't seem to be relevant to my own situation, and she frequently doesn't seem to understand where I'm coming from. Am I being unreasonable? Should I give it more time? And if not, do any of you have experience with switching therapists? How do I do this without making things awkward and terrible for myself? The place I'm going is really big on "following through with your treatment plan" and I don't know how to go about telling them that I think my therapist is kind of bullshit.