Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

How to not wake up so nervous?

Every morning, ever since my anxiety started (2 months ago), I wake up so nervous. I don't feel nauseous, but I feel my heart beating a little fast and harder and I get butterflies too. I get up and I do yoga/meditation for 10-15 minutes and that calms me down, but then throughout my day I get pretty tired. I think I get tired because I wake up so nervous and that takes a lot of energy out of me. I have to wake up around 7:30 for college and I usually wake up around that time, but when I do wake up, I'm nervous. I don't know how to not wake up so nervous. I'm talking to a counselor next week. Maybe she can help me. I don't experience major anxiety, but I'm adjusting to a new life right now and that's what's causing my anxiety. I'm waiting for it to pass once I get used to this new life, but sometimes it feels like I'm going to live like this forever.

Also, my hands shake all the time. They are just small tremors and they don't shake when they are at resting position, but whenever I lift them or my feet too.
    Last edited by kaybeee; 09-04-2014 at 02:44 PM. Reason: more info

Alter what the mind believes after you wake up. Do meditation before you sleep stating you will wake up feeling well, strong and rested. Integrate this with your meditation after waking up. You tell yourself "I feel rested, I had a good sleep and woke up calm just the way I wanted". These affirmations will pile up into your new thought process and make your mornings much smoother. Take care
    My threads for you
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?29523-Overcoming-your-anxiety-The-guide-to-living

http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?29663-The-positive-symptom-idea

Try to come up with something fun/interesting you can do in the mornings to distract yourself. Plan it the night before so you know what your activity will be. I read on the forum once that one girl enjoyed looking at Pinterest.

Hey,

My anxiety is often worst when I wake up. Even half asleep I can get this terrible feeling of dread.

Keep doing your meditation! Do you do conscious breathing with it? I try to do at least 20 mins of really deep breathing every day (I have an app that times the breaths). It helps balance the nervous system which gets out of whack when we're stressed and anxious. I find it helps with that morning anxiety.

You could also try some physical exercise which is another good way to help your nervous system.

Bye for now
    Gypsy
    "You're the worst thing that ever happened to me." --Marla Singer

Kaybee- I wake up with anxiety too. I have found that the best way to get over it is to start doing something productive and continue with a productive day. Getting over anxiety is all about filling your mind with positive things. The more positive things you have on your mind, the less anxiety you will have.