Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Hello, nice to meet you!

Hi, I'm Freja and I'm from the south-east of England.

I've been suffering with social and general anxiety for roughly 10 years. The past 10 years have been stressful, upsetting and tiresome - but manageable. However, now that I'm about to turn 18 and going to leave college, I worry that my anxiety is going to have a negative, dramatic affect on my adult life and will stop me from being the person I want to be.

Currently my anxiety makes it difficult for me to leave my house in a relaxed, calm manner. I stress about timings and people; I always focus on the negative. When I get stressed and anxious I feel woozy and my stomach will churn, prompting me to feel more anxious.

I haven't sought out much help in the past for my anxiety, but I have been to see a therapist which I didn't find helpful. My life has always been consistent, so I've adapted to my surroundings and I work my anxiety around that, thus I haven't felt the need to seek out much help for my anxiety. However, I feel as though my life is soon going to drastically change. I won't have a life where everyday is the same - which is what i want, but my anxiety goes against this notion. I'm terrified I won't be able to cope; just thinking of finding a job, or going to lectures on my own makes my stomach churn and my head spin.

So I guess I'm here looking for advice and support, and I'd also like to help others in anyway I can. I'm also excited to make new friends here

Thank you

P.S I've not really used forums much in the past, so forgive me if I make some kind of blunder XD

Hi there Freja good to meet you and welcome. It's a good place for support and advice and to make new friends, sadly you will find lots of people your age here.