Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Nixon ... you misunderstand me. I heard Jesse the first time. TY.
    I was referring to the perception to which you have explained yet again.

Pumping one self up to great the day is set for disappointment. Arrogance in Ego is the other side of the coin. Goes both ways.

No, right or wrong . That's how I see it. People target people because of their own misgivings, not another's. So quick we are to prescribe for another.

Thanks for your concern all the same Nixon. Clearly a case of different perceptions. I'm fine with how I see .... Again TY.

Well actually I am not, but who am I to target another because of that? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Nixon ... you misunderstand me. I heard Jesse the first time. TY. I was referring to the perception to which you have explained yet again. Pumping one self up to great the day is set for disappointment. Arrogance in Ego is the other side of the coin. Goes both ways. No, right or wrong . That's how I see it. People target people because of their own misgivings, not another's. So quick we are to prescribe for another. Thanks for your concern all the same Nixon. Clearly a case of different perceptions. I'm fine with how I see .... Again TY.
    I don't get it.
    "Y'all didn't have to shoot me" ~ Harambe

Life's more a less a game everyone's playing. Society is like a game too. There are certain standards, certain tactics, certain game plans and etiquettes that you have to use if you want to play along and be successful at this game, and win the prizes it offers such as success, power, love or romance, security, entertainment, companionship, experience, opportunity, choice etc.

Now - you don't have to play this game. Many turn their backs on it, and become rather recluse, or rather quiet, and they find life is quite comfortable... But by doing so, you give up all of the above things, and you wait to try and get lucky by finding some things that have fallen down through the system, and not been grabbed by someone 'better'. Sometimes you stumble upon a little money, sometimes but not always you meet a girl, sometimes you find a job you kind of like. But there are no guarantees here, a lot get nothing, or something they aren't satisfied with.

It's your choice whether or not you wanna play the game of society Kyle, cos you don't have to my friend.

It depends entirely on what you want, and what excites you.

But those are the only two choices you have; to play along and put up with the craziness, or to not play and miss out on some stuff that's cool.

If you look around, at Facebook, the tv, shopping centres, schools and colleges, social clubs, work, banks etc... You'll see that most people are playing along. But you can find people who aren't when you look.

If you're gonna play the game and you want those things, there's a hunger for those things, then you have to be good at it, and being good at it is more or less judged upon the standard of the 'alpha' - the healthy, happy person with choice and opportunity.

If you don't wanna play the game, get to know loneliness, but not in the bad way. Work on removing ego and desire. Work on your passions like playing guitar, get comfortable with a big distance between you and society, get set for embracing living challenges, and watching others have what you may want (because that will happen). But also get set on enjoying the peace and quiet of not being too influenced or affected by some of the insanity that goes on in society.

That's more or less the only choice you have. You can only do one of the other.

You're never offered the third choice - to play the game, but to change the rules of it. Nobody is offered that.
    Last edited by jessed03; 01-17-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponder View Post
    Nixon ... you misunderstand me. I heard Jesse the first time. TY.
    I was referring to the perception to which you have explained yet again.

Pumping one self up to great the day is set for disappointment. Arrogance in Ego is the other side of the coin. Goes both ways.

No, right or wrong . That's how I see it. People target people because of their own misgivings, not another's. So quick we are to prescribe for another.

Thanks for your concern all the same Nixon. Clearly a case of different perceptions. I'm fine with how I see .... Again TY.
    What is in this post , you can not understand Nixon?
    I have no problem to get it, and English is my second language, as you may notice
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

right now ))
    ''“If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.”
    ''
    ― Rabindranath Tagore

It's not too far back Dahila. Just my angry post about not playing this game Jesse is talking about. Nixon means well to be sure.

I am not well and due to not having my computer or " comftable,position" am struggling hard. That is OK though, as I regard this game of which Jesse speaks (hello Jesse) Rather more as the worlds sickness. Bigger, Better, Easier and More. So selfish and consumed we have become. Letting G0 is definitely the way for me to go. I f anything, that is the only way, I will be to overcome my huge amount of suffering, right now, lest I make more, where there need be none to had.

The alpha concept suits our animal nature well, however is taken too far with humans today. Everyone wants to be on top. Not long now though ... planet is just about fucked.

Hi Dahila, I see you on, I have big day looking after wife. High needs now. When I set up house, I talk better then. Have a good day. Forgive my frustrations.

Banned
    I just think I'm a failure because I have been called ugly since I was very young and I still get it today. I would get picked on by some bullies because I had quite a large head, it just made me become really anxious then years later. To this day whenever I go out I find it hard to make eye contact with people because I think they are all better than me and I think I might get bullied from them.

Banned
    My Dad has recently got a new Job, and as soon as he's getting good money, he's going to take me to the best Counciller. Both of my parents have split up too, it happened a few months ago, and they are both having money problems, so it's quite tough. Thank you for your support Frankiecfc, and Hope all is well with you.