Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: 😢

😢

Hi folks, my name is 'Tinkerbelle', I'm 38, married to a wonderful man and have a dd who's 3..... I suppose if I'm honest I'm one of those people who can't remember the last time they were really happy. But recently I have a knot in my stomach, constantly! every now and then it 'flips'..... If I'm alone at all I cry! I work night shift, which actually suits me as its a break from seeing or talking to anyone, I don't worry about not sleeping at night.....
    Am I making any sense? Hubby is great but mil is not well at the min so I haven't been 100% honest with him about how I'm feeling..... Typically I'm a talker so would love a buddy to chat to
    Thanks in advance..... Tink x

Hi Tink
    I do understand that feeling, especially not wanting to be around people or talk to people. I was very outgoing until I became ill then my whole life changed. I wanted everyone to leave me alone. I cried all the time. I wanted my husband to be close by, still do. Are you getting any help?

I'm not getting any help, up until now little things were able to 'pick' me up a bit but this time I've had no respite, the feeling is lasting a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
    I'm not getting any help, up until now little things were able to 'pick' me up a bit but this time I've had no respite, the feeling is lasting a while.
    Maybe its time to talk to your doctor. If they can't help try to.see a therapist. It is the best thing i ever did

Could you be sleep deprived as well as a little blue(depressed)? How long have had the 3rd shift job as they can cause this type scenario? http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders...-10/shift-work
    I'm not saying it will kill you or anything like that but it make you feel bad mentally and physically. Think about it.
    Just make sure you seriously consider this before ruling it out. We all need good, normal sleep to be and feel well all a round. This is a universal truth. Alankay
    Last edited by alankay; 08-22-2013 at 07:13 AM.

I don't think so????? Until may this year I worked shifts as a nurse manager, it was very stressful, so I requested to step down and work part time on night duty (7 nights per month) I thought this would help me as had many a sleepless night before!
    I try not think about things, have tried it all.....meditation... A joke! It makes my mind go crazy 😩

when you are not at work what do you do? do you have kids or pets or any actvities you do as a couple frequently?