Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

I never needed help

Hi,

Recently I had a terrible panic attack which led me to the emergency room. I come from a fairly unstable family and I grew up with the idea that I needed to be extra strong and look out for myself because I never felt like anyone was going to look out for me. I became really good at taking on big challenges in my life without help from anyone, and I thought I could accomplish anything.

This panic has really rocked my sense of self. I'm so grateful to find this forum, and realize that this is a condition which will require help and support from a lot of new people.
    I understand now that I'm human, human with a condition which might be the most challenging thing I have ever faced. The story's of people overcoming are very inspiring, and gives me so much hope.

You will get better it won't allways be bad do you take anything for it?

So sorry to hear you had a panic attack. I completely understand what you're saying. I was very independent and a busy person with lots of stress. But I was fine. And then I had my first panic attack and now my world has changed. Looking forward to being me again.

Thank you sooo much

I guess its like anything, the first attack is the worst. The first attack is one where you don't know if it will ever stop. one where you've barely heard of this disorder, and might think its only happening to you. one where you don't even know if there's a name for it.
    I'm almost through my first, and can tell that this is an opportunity to understand myself, and how my mind works.

I feel like I was a person who wasn't very open to listening, or taking seriously other peoples problems. Now I find myself wanting to apologize to everyone in the world.