Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.

Thread: Please help!

Please help!

I had panic attacks for 16 yrs..just recently and right now my throat hurts a bit but it feels like my throat is closing yet I can breathe but hurts a wee bit to swallow. Anyone ever experience this? It's scaring me!

Yes, anxiety can make feel out of breath, etc, and is indeed scary. Try controlled slow breathing while sitting and relaxing your entire body especially the muscles of the head, neck, jaws and shoulders. Often you can defuse anxiety that way or at least reduce it. Alankay

Quote Originally Posted by alankay View Post
    Yes, anxiety can make feel out of breath, etc, and is indeed scary. Try controlled slow breathing while sitting and relaxing your entire body especially the muscles of the head, neck, jaws and shoulders. Often you can defuse anxiety that way or at least reduce it. Alankay

Thanks for the reply and I do the breathing sometimes and it doesn't do much. I just wish my mind would shut up. I've longed to meditate but my mind runs like a tape recorder over and over again. I envy my wife cos she can do it..ugh. Is there a place on here where I can share my life story? I'd like everyone to know about who I am and tell of my tragedy..if I may?