Welcome to the Anxiety Forum - A Home for Those with Anxiety, Fear, or Panic Attacks.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    There's a lot of information here for me to process, but I'm particularly curious about a couple of things mentioned (which actually might not be the main points of the original post).

1) What is the concern with taking Vitamin B supplements with anxiety? I understand that B-12 may be beneficial for depression. I've been taking vitamin B supplements for a while now.

2) Why breath through your nose? I admit, I've been a mouth breather all my life. I would love to not be a mouth breather, if I can control it. Just curious about the connections to anxiety.
    1) B Vitamins simulate the nerves. In what way exactly I am not sure. But B supplements can over stimulate one with anxiety since anxiety sufferers are ultra sensitive. B Vitamins in food is fine. You need to take out all of the things that cause over stimulation. Calcium and B Vitamins supplements should be removed. In food these are good! After your anxiety calms down, you can take B Vitamins if you want. But my personal opinion, is a healthy person does not need vitamins and can get all their nutrients in food with lots of vegetables and other nutritious foods. That is how I am, but that is only my opinion.

2) Breathing should always been done with the nose, unless strong exercise requires the mouth for many reasons. The nose breathing filters through nose hairs but also creates Nitric Oxide, an important vassal dilator. Also, if you study up on the O2/CO2 balance such as in Buteyko breathing techniques, you find that the worst thing you can do is over breathe. The nose does not allow this, while the mouth simply takes in too much O2 creating a release of too much CO2.

Read this entire page for a better explanation:

http://www.patrickmckeown.net/panic-attacks.php

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    1) B Vitamins simulate the nerves. In what way exactly I am not sure. But B supplements can over stimulate one with anxiety since anxiety sufferers are ultra sensitive. B Vitamins in food is fine. You need to take out all of the things that cause over stimulation. Calcium and B Vitamins supplements should be removed. In food these are good! After your anxiety calms down, you can take B Vitamins if you want. But my personal opinion, is a healthy person does not need vitamins and can get all their nutrients in food with lots of vegetables and other nutritious foods. That is how I am, but that is only my opinion.

2) Breathing should always been done with the nose, unless strong exercise requires the mouth for many reasons. The nose breathing filters through nose hairs but also creates Nitric Oxide, an important vassal dilator. Also, if you study up on the O2/CO2 balance such as in Buteyko breathing techniques, you find that the worst thing you can do is over breathe. The nose does not allow this, while the mouth simply takes in too much O2 creating a release of too much CO2.
    Thanks! I'll try cutting out my B-complex vitamin and also try to breathe through my nose more (that one will be difficult).

remember that lots of water will also help
    http://missedlink.com/ - My Anxiety Blog

Quote Originally Posted by missedlink View Post
    remember that lots of water will also help
    Thank you, I drink a lot of water actually, gave up Pop, juice and I only drink very little milk. I have been for approx. 2 months putting a slice of lemon in my water and I'm down 20lbs I drink lots of camomile teas. I feel it has helped a lot.

I am coping with anxiety with the Natural pen. It has been a God Send.
    I got tired of the "happy pills" and knew there had to be a all natural remedy for anxiety.
    Try it Natural_pen 1024 x 768).jpg
    www.naturallyAnxietyFree.com
    Last edited by James Waide; 04-19-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PanicCured View Post
    I know what you mean. I have been there. We have to be realistic and realize that driving is not a toy so if there is danger, we must be responsible about it. But everything comes down to the same thing: 1) What is anxiety and what do these body symptoms mean? 2) What to do about it. Just focus on who you want to be until THAT becomes a reality and do the necessary steps to get there. I have outlined this in many posts! Anxiety is bullshit! Good luck!
    up tin ngÃ*y má»›i, má»i ngÆ°á»i bán tốt nhé

. I had been having huge panic attacks from withdrawl off antidepresents , even though I was doing a slow withdrawl.

I was nervous to take L-Theanine supplements, and St.Johns wort to help me taper off, because I heard it might interfer with the other meds I was taking. Magnesium helps huge !

I take CBD every day now. I don't think there is a real limit on how much you can take because it is non psychoactive. I still just take it two times a day.

I take Oil of Sunshine variety mostly. I like it because it seems easy to dispense after I received it . I don't always notice the effects from it that day, but a week or two into the
    Oil of Sunshine and I think it is really helping with the severity of my panic attacks.

Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by LivingWell View Post
    . I had been having huge panic attacks from withdrawl off antidepresents , even though I was doing a slow withdrawl.

I was nervous to take L-Theanine supplements, and St.Johns wort to help me taper off, because I heard it might interfer with the other meds I was taking. Magnesium helps huge !

I take CBD every day now. I don't think there is a real limit on how much you can take because it is non psychoactive. I still just take it two times a day.

I take Oil of Sunshine variety mostly. I like it because it seems easy to dispense after I received it . I don't always notice the effects from it that day, but a week or two into the
    Oil of Sunshine and I think it is really helping with the severity of my panic attacks.

Wish me luck!
    Is CBD oil can cure anxiety ? Recently I am having severe anxiety and irrational fears. I could not work due to that. Last try I might do is Cbd oil. Any information will be helpful. Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by knp View Post
    Is CBD oil can cure anxiety ? Recently I am having severe anxiety and irrational fears. I could not work due to that. Last try I might do is Cbd oil. Any information will be helpful. Please help.
    I got your PM and sent you a response. You'll be ok, hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by elusionz View Post
    PanicCured,

Thank you for your contributions to this forum. I have a question for you. I suffer from panic disorder that is triggered especially when I am on the highway. In some of the coping guides mentioned on this forum, it states that we should sit and do nothing, and ride out the anxiety. I am having trouble accepting this approach because when I am on the highway with no immediate way to escape, it is very hard to sit and do nothing when my panic starts to peak. And what I mean by peak is that it becomes so bad that my face goes numb, I lose my ability to focus on the road, my heart races, and I become very lightheaded and dizzy. This is extremely scary and puts me in a dangerous situation with fast cars moving all around me. I feel like riding out the anxiety may cause me to have an accident. Simply getting off the highway becomes a challenge because I have trouble turning my head to change lanes when the dizziness is bad. The whole thing is debilitating, and I am desperate to do something about this. I've seen a psychologist 6 times, and so far this forum seems to offer more techniques than the therapist has. I know this is all about retraining my mind and using exposure to overcome my fears, but how do I do so when my life is at risk? I cannot simply relax during a panic attack as if I was sitting in a chair at my desk. Do you have any advice for me? It would be much appreciated. I will be starting the natural supplement regimen you stated.
    Hello Elusionz,

Have you tried distracting yourself while on the freeway? I still have small panic attacks while driving, although they are way less frequent and rough these days. If I feel a panic attack creeping up these days, I immediately cranck up the volume of the radio and just start singing along (even though I can't sing AT ALL!)
    This technique has really helped me getting on top of my driving fears. My problem was that I was too focussed on all the things that could go wrong while on the freeway, if you manage to pull your mind away from those thoughts, the panic attack also goes away.