PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is anxiety?

demeke2
03-23-2012, 10:00 AM
I recently had a weird feeling in my chest (palpitations) and thought my nose was going to bleed. That scared me enough to go to the ER. They ran an EKG which was a little abnormal, but the blood test and everything thing else came back normal. They told me to visit a cardiologist just to make sure. I did that and the doctor did another EKG (which still showed a little abnormality) but the sonogram and stress test all came back normal. He told me that my heart was fine, which gave me some relief, and that I may have high blood pressure. Ever since I had the weird feelings in my heart, I've had this persistence lightheaded feeling. It’s not debilitating but it has hindered my ability to have a productive day. I am a little sensitive to bright light and feel constantly light headed.

Do you have any ideas on why this is happening? It usually comes whenever I am about to step outside (for work, shopping... etc.) and lasts the majority of the day. My parents say it’s just anxiety, but I’m not scared of anything except the lightheaded feeling. Should I see a physiatrist? Or a neurologist? What do you think? And has anyone else experienced this?

demeke2
03-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Recently when I get stressed my lightheadedness makes my head numb for a few seconds. I sleep fine but once I wake up I feel a little lightheaded. I am very scared I am dying from a tumor or heart failure, but the blood tests and heart tests all came back normal.

vladman
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
hello palpitations is normal sensitive to bright light too in axiety i must say you should see an doctor not a physiatrist becouse he will give you medication, go to a general clinic doctor and ask for his opinion.