PDA

View Full Version : Strange Phobias

jitters
01-05-2007, 09:44 AM
What are some of the strangest phobias you guys have myself the most irritating is a fear of phones ringing, whenever my home phone goes unexpectedly my heart is in my mouth and my stomache tenses up. Everytime!

I wont even own a mobile it would drive me nuts.

Duncan

TheBlueDanube
01-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I am also scared of the phone... loud noises in general.
When people knock on the door I run for the bathroom. :lol:
The line to checkout at a store...I won't stand in it alone.

jitters
01-05-2007, 12:58 PM
The wierd thing is up until recently I never considered myself to be a nervous person and I dont think it is nerves but rather a sense that it can only be bad news, or some kind of request which I should say no to but wont for fear of not being seen to be nice enough.

I also get nervous about uninvited knocks at the door I dont run off for the same reason I answer the phone somtimes, refusal to give in to the fear, but sometimes I wish I could.

V for Victor
01-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I developed this temporary anxiety where I couldn't breathe the air in certain rooms of my house! I know it sounds weird, but I just had some fear that the air in this room or that might be contaminated, so I'd hold my breath and walk through the room very quickly. :roll: (Glad that's over with!)

One thing that I've had for a long time, which hasn't gone away, is a fear of people choking or coughing. Like, whenever I'm eating with my family, and somebody coughes or chokes, my heart lurches and I start to get very nervous.

jitters
01-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I think the struggling to breathe choking thing is a common phobia you are not alone.

Duncan

TheBlueDanube
01-05-2007, 05:52 PM
I can't stand to feel my breath on my arm when I sleep or have saliva in my mouth. I swallon a lot until my mouth is super dry. Fear of choking maybe?
You ever get so close to someone and can breathe their air? Ew, I hate that. Then I feel bad like somehow I dislike my husband.

That choking thing...I randomly choke but I thought it was because I don't drink enough water. Do any of you choke out of the blue?

Music_lover
01-05-2007, 06:12 PM
yes. i choke on air and any thing else. i don't know if that is bad or not. :confused:

jitters
01-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Oh yeah breating other peoples air, I hate that, I have to sleep with my back to my wife so not to have her breathe on my face... :unsure:

TheBlueDanube
01-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I have yet to say my husband's name to his face. I have a thing with names. Started in highschool I suppose. Haven't said his name in 9 years. heh. :tongue: I guess that's all my phobia's unless I develop others. :o

jitters
01-06-2007, 02:46 PM
I assume you have OCD if you have not been diagnosed sounds like it to me. But hey I'm no doctor.

Duncan

scatmantom
01-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I used to have a fear of getting sick from anxiety, which led to anxiety and me getting sick :oops:

Luckily im over that now

jitters
01-07-2007, 05:31 AM
I had the same thing only I didn't realise it was anxiety, so I just kept getting sick. Still not 100% over that but at least I know what it is. :roll: