PDA

View Full Version : Detachment.

PhobiasLiveInMe
03-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Any one have any tips of how to stop detaching?

It's rather annoying feeling like I'm half asleep and am dreaming.
I don't even have to be panicking to experience this.

Seriously though, tips would be much appreciated. ^_^

Caitatonic
03-14-2012, 09:21 PM
Excuse me for my ignorance, but what do you mean by detaching? If it's what I think it is, like you suddenly go "Wow, I'm here. I exist" and suddenly nothing seems real? That happens to me a lot. I don't know how to stop it, but it doesn't bother me as much. Kind of makes me think of the movie Inception. Maybe we should make totems to remind us we are still awake. :p

PhobiasLiveInMe
03-14-2012, 09:52 PM
I don't know. Just feel like I'm dreaming or watching the world through a TV screen or something. Pardon my ignorance but I've never seen Inception. lol

PhobiasLiveInMe
03-14-2012, 11:00 PM
My apologies for the wrong term. And I certainly hope so.

clphotos
03-14-2012, 11:03 PM
I totally understand what you mean by a feeling of detachment. Like nothing around you is real.... It's one of the most frustrating aspects of anxiety to me because I constantly have to stay focused as a college student working full time.

jeremyfresno
03-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Derealization and personalization is what you're experiencing. If you search those terms you can get plenty of information of what you're going through and you can rest assured that it's normal. I felt it a lot and feel it still at times and tend to also "zone out" until I catch myself but it all goes away once you're stress comes to an end....it's a very weird feeling but hang in there it's normal

Meche
03-15-2012, 01:02 AM
I've had that alot over the last few months - possibly years. So maybe my stresses and anxieties have been lying low for longer than I thought. xx