PDA

View Full Version : Desspertly seeking advice

kipper1023
02-20-2012, 07:04 PM
My doctor put me on wellbutrin and prozac. I was on wellbutrin but took my dosage down. But i switched to prozac from cymbalta. Well for the last four days I ave had the worst anxiety and panic attacks ever. Does anyone else ever been trough this? the doctor says its the meds adjusting in my body. they gave me some clonazepam to help. has anyone else been through this? what did you do? what can i expect?

alankay
02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Kipper, a temp increase in anxiety can happen but use the clonazepam to counter that and the initial anxiety from starting the ssri(prozac)will go away until it's lower than before. I get a tad anxious when upping the dose of an ssri or changing but it always gets better.
Lean on the clonazepam for now. You can also take 1/2 dose of the prozac for a week and then up the dose to whatever he prescribed. That should help lower the initial anxiety.
I'd also consider taking the clonazepam before bed. Being on cymbalta(SRNI) should help keep the anxiety from starting prozac(ssri) short(depending on the dose you were on). PM me any time. Alankay.

kipper1023
02-20-2012, 08:40 PM
thank you alankay for your advice. I am hoping the clonazepam makes my life much easier for awhile.

alankay
02-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Clonazepam is a good med as is prozac. Clonazepam is strong and long lasting. Alankay