PDA

View Full Version : guilt

okami1995
02-18-2012, 03:37 PM
So recently I've been going through some anxiety, which can sometimes lead me to feel depressed. Right now I'm feeling depressed over something from nearly a year ago. A stupid joke I made about something, and it's only on hindsight I realise how insensitive of me it was to make a joke. I mean, people died for gods sake. It wasn't directed at the victims, but rather at someone I dislike being the cause. I don't feel guilt towards that person, because I still strongly dislike them, but it was still insensitive of me to make a joke, and now I feel horrible about it. How do I get over it, because I feel miserable about the whole thing

alankay
02-19-2012, 12:12 PM
OK, I really think the guilt/remorse you feel so often is either depression or an obsessive pattern that really needs to be treated by a course of an ssri(via a doc) and talks with a counselor. Forgive me if I've already asked but are you seeing doc or getting meds for this?? PM me any time. Alankay.

eveswone
02-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Sorry Alankay but I STRONGLY disagree that med's are necessary. The OP needs to discuss his/her issues with a therapist regarding this issue. Okami it sounds like you need to forgive yourself and realize people say and do things they don't always mean. Talk it out with someone :).

alankay
02-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Eve, you need you read all his posts and you'll see why I believe SSRI's should be tried. Alankay

eveswone
02-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Eve, you need you read all his posts and you'll see why I believe SSRI's should be tried. Alankay

I did read his post. He stated he has recently been going through anxiety about a issue that happened a while ago which could possibly be PTSD. Just because someone is suddenly being overcome with Anxiety does not mean they have to start popping pills. All the pills will do is mask the true emotions of what he is feeling. He needs to discuss his issues with a professional. GL Okami!

alankay
02-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Posts. Plural. Go through is old/prior postS. His prior posts give a fuller and more detailed history of his feelings, etc.:) Alankay

caera
02-29-2012, 04:37 AM
It is good that you realize your fault, but there is no need to feel guilt. It will be better not to repeat that thing again.

MainerMikeBrown
03-04-2012, 01:21 PM
You don't want to never feel guilt. But too much guilt is also counterproductive. Instead, feeling bad about something you said will help prevent you from making the same mistake again. Just don't feel too bad, because we all make mistakes.