PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have anxiety that acts like this?

alekumo
12-20-2011, 01:53 PM
My anxiety doesn't typically act up at work, except in the form of a headache. My anxiety acts up at home, when I am alone. Currently it is acting up daily, I figure it is because of it being the first Christmas without my mother. Does anyone else do something similar?

alankay
12-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Yep, stress and grief can bump up your anxiety. It will likely calm back down after the holidays I bet.

homebird
12-21-2011, 08:41 PM
When I am struggling with anxiety, it is worse when I am alone, yes. I think it's because I have more time to think about how I feel/how anxious I am. It usually helps to keep myself busy. I clean or exercise or just get out of the house (to shop or visit someone).

bullyMeNever
06-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Yes you occupy yourself with lots of exercise. I am hitting the gym tonight as soon as the foggies go to sleep

Serenity 7
06-19-2012, 02:26 PM
my anxiety flares up in loads of situations.when it first started i hated being on my own.my anxiety was at its worse.but i forced myself to be on my own.and now im fine on my own.i am trying to face my fears and do the things that trigger my anxiety.next is on my list is facing work