PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences with the new "Viibryd?"

SulkinginNeverland
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
So I've been taking this fairly new medication that just came out, called Viibryd, for approximately a month. Whilst taking the drug, I suffered four panic attacks and became extremely depressed and suicidal, much worse than how I feel without taking an SSRI. My doctor very much insisted the drug upon me, saying that it hasn't even had a chance to "kick in" yet. I feel that I'm being used as a lab rat however, because I obviously have been feeling effects, HORRIBLE effects.
I stopped the drug today, and already feel much happier and funner to be around. With that, maybe I should change my psychiatrist too. But I digress.
Has anyone else tried Viibryd? If so, how did you feel?

alankay
12-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Haven't tried that one but perhaps you should start at a lower dose and then give it time to work and for you to adjust to it. Then increase the dose to where your doc wants but only as tolerated by you. You could also take the dose once in the AM and another at dinner. That sometimes helps with the side effects when starting a drug. I must admit after a month if you still feeling bad then drop it. The doc must factor in the patients feeling towards any therapy and IF he is rigid on this despite your experience, I'd find another dr. Have you been on others ssri's like lexapro, zoloft, celexa, prozac?

SulkinginNeverland
12-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Haven't tried that one but perhaps you should start at a lower dose and then give it time to work and for you to adjust to it. Then increase the dose to where your doc wants but only as tolerated by you. You could also take the dose once in the AM and another at dinner. That sometimes helps with the side effects when starting a drug. I must admit after a month if you still feeling bad then drop it. The doc must factor in the patients feeling towards any therapy and IF he is rigid on this despite your experience, I'd find another dr. Have you been on others ssri's like lexapro, zoloft, celexa, prozac?

I've been on it for a month and I did start at a lower dosage, and then worked my way up from what my psych said. I was also supposed to take it only once a day, I did so in the morning because I became anxious at night. I definitely agree, he did seem rigid and I don't feel comfortable having this weight being placed on me without my total consent.
I was on Lexapro before Viibryd for about 2 years, but after that it went through what is apparently called a "poop out" and stopped working, and my anxiety came back with a vengeance.

ab8489
02-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I was put on 20mg of Viibryd in the fall. I was coming off of Lexapro at the time. I felt like it started working really well for me and very fast. I did really well for about 3 months and then my anxiety symptoms came back worse than before. They increased my dose to 40mg and I have been on that for a month. I have found no relief and had awful side effects like diarrhea, horrible nightmares and brain "zaps". My doctor took me off it and I am going back to Zoloft. I really hope Zoloft works for me again.

02-29-2012, 10:15 AM
I started Viibryd 4 days ago and I have been having extreme panic attacks since.(granted I was having them before the medication, but now I have them tenfold) Called my Dr. yesterday and he said to get off it which makes me nervous because I always read the packet that comes with medications... :( Also, I have been vomiting A LOT(emergency room said it could be viibryd or anxiety) and I am miserable. Crying right now; actually. :( I am not a fan of Viibryd what-so-ever. If you are having panic attacks from Viibryd, you should call your doctor back and tell him about the severity and the suicidal thoughts. If he doesn't take you off the med then; maybe you should look for a different doctor. Hope things get better for you.