PDA

View Full Version : sertealine/zoloft

elvin
12-03-2011, 07:55 AM
my dr has put me on this tablet but after taking 3 50mg tablets it feels as though im going mad i feel realy detached from myself i think i will stop these they were prescibed for anxiety

homebird
12-03-2011, 10:26 AM
How long have you been taking the medication? 3 days? Medicines like that take days/weeks to kick in. Sometimes they make you feel worse before you feel better. If you can hang in there a little longer, give them more time to work. If you feel like there's something really wrong, contact your doctor. Sometimes you have to try a few medicines before you find one that works.

alankay
12-03-2011, 06:35 PM
Elvin, sometimes SSRI's(most antidepressants in fact) can worsen anxiety symptoms(at first, then work to lessen anxiety). You could (1)take half the dose in the morning and half a night or (2)take half the dose daily for a week or 2 and then step up to the normal dose after that time. Often that will decrease the increase in side effects/temp bad effects "scenario" and give your body time to adapt to the new med. This would be all if you dr. OK's it. Also you could (3)see if the dr. will give you a short course of a benzodiazepine(clonazepam, diazepam) just to suppress any temp. increase if anxiety if he determines that's what you feeling. Are you feeling more anxious? If so one of the above scenarios may help. In any case he will likely approve one of these options since it will help get you to continue to take the med. In time it will reduce your anxiety. If not another one should be tried and will likely help you. Message me any time.