PDA

View Full Version : trapped in my own head :S

@person
11-20-2011, 11:23 AM
ive suffered from depression and anxiety for like 8 years know which ive improved ways of copeing, but the realism of life is im only just copeing with my head and dont live my life. been single for like 3 months know which ive lost touch with all old mates and dont go out busy places because of my anxiety and im terrible at makeing new mates so have found my self trapped in all my problems :S think being single has made all my problems stand out to myself alot more, the whole gotta do somethink with my life know im single is really frustrating me. sorry for the moanin straight away being new here!!

Demarco
11-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey person. There's that misconception that depression and anxiety are completely chemical imbalances, and you touch on that a bit. The way a person lives his/her life is really an important factor in depression and anxiety. I've learned in recent years that having a social life makes depression so much better. You're in a bit of a rough place because you've lost touch with friends due to anxiety, avoidance, whatever. But it's important to reach out to people to regain those connections that you've lost. Send fb messages to people you haven't talked to in a while, and just ask how they've been. Who cares if only 1 out of 5 people respond... that's one more person that you're connecting with that you haven't been talking to. Be very open to meeting new people and be accepting when you make mistakes socially. If you need a new friend, you can always PM me and we'll chat over AIM or FB chat or something. It's always good to have somebody out there.