PDA

View Full Version : 5 HTP and fear control

Project Atlas
11-18-2011, 10:02 PM
This is my first post here. So I just took a 100mg pill of 5 HTP and for the very first time I was actually able to google "yiff in hell". What does that mean exactly? Well let's just say it's the infamous chant of haters of a certain subculture which I happen to be very interested (though regretably) in. Long story short, since March of 2007 (age 16) Ive been emotionally scarred by this Internet trolling and now I just want to know, can continuous use of 5 HTP and 80mg of Prozac have a chance if bringing an end to this fear and anxiety? None of the trolling is directed at me, but the fact that it is there takes away from the subculture's expierience.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

alankay
01-12-2012, 09:12 PM
I would not add 5 HTP to that dose of prozac. Might get too much serotonin. IHMO. Alankay

Mike36
05-19-2012, 05:09 AM
I agree.

5htp stimulates seratonin in the same way that Prozac can. I wouldn't take both.

Buttercup
05-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Agree with the others- do not mix 5HTP with prozac or any other medication that affects seratonin. It can lead to too much seratonin (basically a seratonin overdose) which can cause some really nasty effects and in worst cases be fatal.
If you feel the prozac is not working well then go back to the doctor and if you have not already seen a therapist then try and sort that out. Good luck x