PDA

View Full Version : anxiety my story

Possitive Annie
11-29-2006, 01:21 PM
Hi, all you guys out there. I hope this can help some peolpe understand that there normal...

My anxiety started about 6 years ago after having my first child. This anxiety went on for about 1 year before i was eventually diagnosed with the condition. My anxiety at that time was fearing i would die from some illness, any ilness anything i read on the paper etc i woul convince myself i would die of that. My symtoms at this point were more physical with severe pannick attacks breathing into paper bags and breathing techniques etc. I was given seroxat and was on it for around 6 months to 1 year. I managed to get off them and faced the fear and kinda accepted that when your times up its up. After having 6 years free from my anxiety and attacks. After a few stressfull events i started taking them again things like (moving house) , (dad having to have heart surgery), my 3 yr old really ill with ( what ended up to be galandular fever but was tested for lukemia etc) and i had a hystorectomy. I started feeling really deppressed this time and my thoughts were horrible such as "what if i kill myself of what if i hurt someone" ( like people who mean the world to me) i got really freaked out with theese feelings and went to my doctor who prescribed prozac. These made me feel awfull for about 3 weeks but during this time where i couldnt bear moving, i pushed myself into baking cakes with my kids (silly i know) but this was the hardest thing i have done! feeling the way i did, not wanting to touch a knife or see a tie or a belt because scary thoughts would enter my head. But i done the cakes and i also carried on with my part time job ( how i done this i dont know i was an absolute wreck). My hubby was very good he set me goals and my family were great. But my main thing at this time was to look into my beutiful kiddies faces and realise how lucky i am, and to spend every minute with them i will now cherrish. My family have been my rock, but the most amazing person in all of this was ME.. I found the courage to 1. read into and study what it was i was feeling, bought relaxation tapes , learned breathing techniques. 2 .. set my self a challenge most days untill things were normal again. 3 When i had a bad day remembering how hard it was to bake cackes with my kids. And to put things into perspective, To sit and actuaaly think about these feelings and valuate how real they are and yes they seem real but challenge yourself if you feel you could hand the towel in and give up on life face it and i bet it will never be nearly as real as you first thought and by realising this once, the fear will be less and so on. You can do it believe in yourself, look at what you have in life such as friends, family, pets, work, and if you are lucky enough to have kiddies please look inside there eyes before doing anything to harm yourself because its them your hurting !!!.. Be true to yourself love yourself and feel proud to admit I HAVE HAd DEPRESSION I HAVE HAD ANXIETY. I never admitted to having this 6 years ago. But this time i have and i only started these feelingd of depression in October and here i am feeling much better in november, yes i stll take 20mg of prozac and i will come off them shortly, because the only thing and person who can help is You. along with medication if needed and lots of support. I am so glad a continued work i think that was a big part in my recovery, i understand anyone out there thinking i cannot work in this state, But i promise i felt that too and i admitted to my boss the feelings and i got there continued work and now life is amazing. I still have my bad times but i am able to controll them. Anxiety will never beat us we can always win.. Well done every sufferer out there im really proud of you all.. lots of love xxxx