PDA

View Full Version : Just need some reassurance PLEASE HELP

deniseelaine
11-27-2006, 10:34 AM
I am so glad I found this forum, I think I have anxiety

I feel bad, feel scared to go out as always seem to feel worse, get dizzy off balance, my skin feels it has something crawiling under it, toothache which dentist says is caused by teeth grinding pins and needles numbness in hands and sometimes feet, the list goes on, hot flashes although not as much, just feel bad most of time. I think I just need the reasurance this is anxiety, please help me
thank you

sharrison
11-27-2006, 07:47 PM
It sounds like it. I'm new too, but from what I've read it can be anxiety. I've had MRIs, cat scans, and so many doctors visits. All they have found so far is lots of allergies and a congenital heart defect (which they say wouldn't cause my symptoms). But I have tons of symptoms, but one of the main one is dizziness.

I wish I could be of more help.

Hang in there!

Harrison

squirt
11-28-2006, 01:13 PM
those all can be symptoms of anxiety.

MrsSandraD
11-30-2006, 02:00 PM
It sounds like anxiety. You should talk to your doctor about it....you may even find links to other problems/behaviors that are a part of anxiety as well. Keep reaching out. Today, I decided to start reaching out - the first time after suffering many many years.

squirt
12-07-2006, 02:50 PM
MrssandraD, I was in a cbt group and it has helped me immensely. If you can join one I would highly recommend it. The first book we used in my group has a really good introduction to the whole process, it's called Been there, done that? do this! by sam obitz. The tea form exercise in that book has helped me a lot and I still do them all the time when I get upset or anxious. Best of luck to you and know that you can improve.

derkmesiter
12-22-2006, 12:20 AM
We've agreed about the Obitz book before. Also, this person sounds like their body is reacting against resentment and stress in their lives. They need to learn like I did to quiet their mind and a lot of problems magically go away. The problem lies with the reaction to the problems more than the problems themselves.

squirt
12-31-2006, 01:00 AM
You are right about quieting the mind. The tea form exercise and yoga/meditation is how I quiet mine :D

derkmesiter
12-31-2006, 01:37 PM
about Yoga. I've read the Obitz book several times but I don't have much knowledge about yoga.

squirt
01-11-2007, 01:50 PM
Almost all health clubs these days that have aerobics class rooms also teach yoga classes and they are usually free of any additional charge and a great place to start. Don't be discouraged if you can't do all the positions the first time and make sure you go to a begining or introductory class to learn the basics.