PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety after movies?

Slammed Vdub
10-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Anyone get depressed or DP after watching a movie? I always do my latest was Transformers 3. Its like it compares how bland my life is to it and it makes me feel like complete crap.

nervousbutterflies
10-15-2011, 06:26 PM
oh boy do i!!!! the worst one for me is watching the twilight movies! i get soooo fricken depressed after seeing them! you are not alone with this!

jessed03
10-16-2011, 05:41 AM
oh boy do i!!!! the worst one for me is watching the twilight movies! i get soooo fricken depressed after seeing them! you are not alone with this!

I'd be more concerned if you left happy after watching a twilight film!! :)

I joke ;-)

I get this sometimes. I think it's the escapism for me. When watching a movie you sort of become the character, and get lost in a different world, and a different life. Then suddenly the credits come, and you sort of sink back into your body, and theres that split second when your problems or your battles come flooding back. It's also the same with good dreams, every time I have a good dream, I wake up feeling pretty low. Wierd right....

I think when you suffer, or have suffered anxiety (or depression), you lose that freedom in life. Even though I don't suffer panic attacks anymore, that feeling of freedom still hasn't come back. I'm not sure it will. You can't ever really forget ya' know... You can never really let go anymore as it always feels like you're carrying a bag the size of texas of baggage on your back. Life becomes far more planned and structured. I don't take risks anymore, I'm never spontaneus, I never experience surges of passion, as they remind me too much of anxiety.

Anyway, little rant there, hope you guys are well :)

victor.gatto
10-16-2011, 11:24 PM
thats weird because i watched transformers 3 too, and had an anxiety attack when bumblebee nearly got executed lol worse thing :(