PDA

View Full Version : Really need some advice.

carol3792
09-27-2011, 01:11 PM
I am diagnosed with gad, depression, and ocd. For the past month i have been feeling like i am in a dream.I am able to function i just feel unreal doing it. Being away from home makes it worse. I feel like i am losing my touch with reality. My vision has been very fuzzy. I feel like i am never going to get better. I am so hopeless. My memory also sucks. I really don't know what to do. am i ever going to get better? i feel like i am losing my mind. I am also scared that i won't even know what feeling better feels like.

alankay
12-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Carol, are you getting treatment? Yes, that fuzzy feeling is part of anxiety for allot of us when the anxiety is high. Sure can get better with treatment. If you had those diagnoses(gad, depression, and ocd.) are you on an ssri with counseling too? OCD often takes a fairly high dose of luvox(or other ssri) and takes time to work. Message me any time.

PMC
12-08-2011, 10:16 AM
There is a name for this... depersonalization. It happens when someone is suffering from extreme anxiety and it can be very scary, i have had moments of it before, never lasting more than a day however for me but it is different for everyone. I would definitely see your doctor because it can be treated, but you are not losing your mind... its another crap side effect of anxiety.

DrAnxiety
12-09-2011, 11:58 AM
It could be depersonalization, as the above poster mentioned. This could also be a symptom of your depression. Some people start to experience psychotic symptoms when they become extremely depressed. Depression with psychotic features is actually relatively common. I would never diagnose someone, but it seems like your acute symptoms are most consistent with a very serious depressive episode. You should see your doctor/therapist ASAP about this.

MainerMikeBrown
01-04-2012, 05:53 PM
Many with mental illness think they're never going to get better.

However, their are no emotions, good or bad, that last forever, including depression. But it's hard to see this when your feeling down and anxious.

alankay
01-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Carol, have you seen a doc. or counselor? Where are you in that respect and has there been a diagnoses? In acute(high) anxiety states you sure can feel like you do. Alankay