PDA

View Full Version : Make a list for your refridgerator!!!!!!

Amy1986
08-25-2011, 10:42 AM
This is helping me somewhat, not a cure obviously but i have set myself some goals including thinking of good qualities and work on bad ones as well as daily tasks to work towards. like these:

Goals:

• Learn meditation
• HYDRATE
• Go out everyday
• Stop relying on people to take care of me
• Never resort to going back to meds
• Re-take CBT
• Exercise more often
• Look at anxiety logically
• Remind yourself of your good qualities
• Work on your bad qualities

Put it on my fridge to remind myself everyday and its working. Also works to take each point and discuss it with a loved one, like your partner as to why its important and to encourage them to encourage you!! obviously your goals may be different but mine is just an example as to what i put.

Hope it might help someone

Amy :)

jessed03
08-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Love this post!

I do very similar things myself, and now you've brought it up, my list needs some updating! lol. For certain goals I try to be as specific as I can too, such as drink 2L of water, get 15 mins sunlight per day. Mediatate for 15 minutes... etc.

It's been proven over and over that having a list, or written down goals increases your chance of following them through by upto 70%!!!

I also have inspirational quotes on there too. Up this month is:

"Painful events are as unlimited as space
They cannot possibly all be overcome,
But if I overcome thoughts of negativity alone
This will be equivalent to conquering all my woes.

Where would I possibly find enough leather
In which to cover the surface of the earth?
But wearing leather just on the soles of my shoes
Is equivalent to covering the earth with it.

Likewise it is not possible for me
To restrain the external course of things;
But should I find peace in this mind of mine
What would be the need to restrain all else?"

Amy1986
08-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Look at you and all your infinate wisdom J!!!

Love those inspirational blerbs, where you find them??

always look in my budda book for things like that too :)

hurrah for lists, maybe i should be more specific.

2L of water, thats alot!, i never drink enough lol

Amy

jessed03
08-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I just read it in article I read about anxiety once, and loved it so much I printed it out :)

I think the extra weight I put on in the past must have brought some of the Buddha out in me! I love reading little passages, and quotes and stuff, post them here if you find any good ones!

I think Buddha was the master when it came to dealing with anxiety, it's amazing how stuff written thousands of years ago can often speak so directly to you.

I rarely get a total of 2L if I'm honest, I fill up a bottle, and as long as 3/4's are drunk I'm pretty happy lol. I've definetly noticed through, if I have a list, I get way more done, and am way more structured with things. When I leave it upto my mind, it's always a case of, I'll do it later, or start tomorrow lol

J