PDA

View Full Version : Afraid of not being myself anymore

tarabond
08-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Ok, as the title says... These days my anxiety have been "Ok", I mean, I fear alot of things, but I do them anyway, meet the people I fear to meet etc. But, I really got too much questions going on in my mind, like Am I still me? Have I flipped and are no longer the person I used to be, Am I getting crazy? And all these questions gives me a feeling of NOT being in control of myself, you know? I also had some "what if" thoughts lately.. Like "Ok, what if I hit my friend in the face?", I meen, I would never do such a terrible thing, but I meen, why do these thoughts pop up? I'm I going crazy here? I am very focused these days and I've decided that no matter what happens, I WILL recover some day. Have started to try to be more social, eat healthy, exercise etc.

Please answer if you recognize some of this, or have some tips.. Thank you!

tarabond.

tucker12
08-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello Tarabond, I feel the same way! I actually fear that I am going to go mentally crazy and end up in a hospital. I also get thoughts like you, I could be sitting in a room with my friend and talking to her but then blanking out and thinking what if i punch her! not like I would do it, but its just so hard to stop these thoughts and I feel if i keep having this fear of going crazy that it is actually going to happen. I wish i had some answers to give you, but i dont. I just want you to know that you are not alone.

tarabond
08-09-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your answer mate, kind of helps that your in the same situation, but do not misunderstand, I wish you the best. How old are you? How is your anxiety now?

tarabond

tucker12
08-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks, I am 25 years old and I live in Canada. Where are you from? My anxiety started about 1 year ago. My anxiety comes and goes I will be fine for 2 weeks then all of a sudden I start to feel very anxious and for no reason at all. You just have to understand that your anxiety is not going to harm you and that it will get better, I am here anytime if you need to talk!

KR