PDA

View Full Version : Any of you look up every possible physical problem?

Brandon M
07-16-2011, 07:47 PM
I have this habit of, when I feel anything in my body, or have any sort of odd symptom that I normally don't have, I look it up online. Like this morning I went to the bathroom and my urine was a bit darker than normal. So look it up and all day stress out about how it could be this or that and I could be dying. Get home, take a pee, and it's normal.

I do this with everything. Twitch in my eyelid, sore throat, and of course all the physical symptoms that come with have an anxiety disorder. So I end up making everything worse when it's just nothing to worry about at all.

Because every symptom could be something serious. But in reality I'm a healthy 29 year old man. Chances are I'm not diabetic or about to have a heart attack or whatever. Or I get a slight headache and think it's very possible a brain tumor or bleeding in the brain. BAH!

And I know it's ridiculous but those thoughts still persist.

Schatmeisje
07-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh, I feel for you Brandon, i used to do this also. The main thing is to remember all the many symptoms of anxiety, and try not to dwell on it everytime you get another different symptom ( I know this is h, but tou will find that once youaccept that it is anxiety, it does become a lot easier to ignore the symptoms) Definitely try to stop googling, it just makes things worse, I found that I would make myself even sicker from reading symptoms on the internet, which was in turn making my anxiety symptoms much worse.
Dont think that this sounds ridiculous, you will find most of us have been like this at some point.

And rememebr. No more googling..lol :-)

Okiemom
07-16-2011, 09:10 PM
You sound like me. I just posted for the first time. You should find my post and read it. I'm a hypocondriact, but it's scary when things like this happen outbid no where and the continue on for a few days.....