PDA

View Full Version : Hello! Just signed up!

07-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Hello! I just signed up and thought I would drop by and say HI. I am a worry wort, which diables my life. It has gotten worse and worse over time. I suffer from anxiety attacks (alot during the night) and thought this might be a good place for me to share my problems with others who understand and won't judge me.

I can't wait to get to know everybody better!

shoe
07-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Hi worrier, welcome to the forums. have u gotten any official 'diagnosis' from a psychologist yet? sounds like gad or maybe pd or a mixture if thats possible, but I'm no expert. anyway, good to have you on board :)

creeklady
07-20-2005, 10:29 AM
HI Worrier welcome I was going to ask the same thng have you been to a doctor to see what they say you have??? that is the first place to start to get help and no itis not easy but you feel so much better after you do it

07-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Not exactly. The very first time I had one, Nov. 2000, I had a 1 1/2 yr old and a two month old and bad marital problems. The dr. put me on paxil and diagnosed me as post pardom depression, so my insurance would pay for the meds. I was on it for 4 months while I was going through the divorce.

I had a few minor attacks that I was able to relax my way through within a couple months after I was off the Paxil. Since then (approx. May 2001), I hadn't had one until Nov 2003.

However, in Oct 02 I was in a bad motorcycle accident and diagnosed with PTSD. I went through some therapy and was feeling better about that until we bought a new motorcycle in Nov 2003. In May 2004, we had an attic fire.

The attacks I had this past Monday and Tuesday have been the first ones since the one in Nov. 2003. But, like I said, my anxiety/fears/phobias have gotten really bad since the traumatic incidents.

I have always had some minor compulsive tendencies and phobias, but things have gotten dramtically worse over the last couple of years.

shoe
07-20-2005, 01:10 PM
worrier, sounds like you've had quite a rough time over the last few years. Its good to see that you keep on trying no matter what comes your way, thats pretty courageous.

i hope you've had some family members be supportive of you through these hard times

07-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Yes! My husband and family is very supportive. However, I have a hard time talking to them about it regardless.

I am not usually depressed. I'm an optimist....not a pessimist. And, I'm strong willed.

I just feel like all my anxieties have piled up so high that I can't keep going without some help now.

shoe
07-21-2005, 10:30 AM
I know what you mean, there's only so much you can take before you need some support, no matter how strong you are.

ajt
09-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm a worrier, too, and it creates so much anxiety at times that I eventually get depressed. I recommend a book called "Feeling Good", by David Burns, MD. He uses the cognitive approach to depression and anxiety. It takes several weeks to work, but his results have been really good.

Welcome.

anangel4me
09-04-2005, 08:26 PM
yes i must admit, i am a worry wort and i have been that way for most of my life. i try not to be that way but it is so hard especially now that the way things are going on around the globe. that brings on some anxiety in my life.
ajt, i will check on that book that you mentioned. thanks for the info.

arachnid
11-22-2005, 07:18 AM
Hi worrier! Welcome to the forum! :D

Jimmy jr makhaya
05-25-2015, 02:13 PM
Hey,am leboke,just thought of hooking you guys up so we can get to help each by working together in this jungle,i have been dignosed with panic disorder and was on respacor but couldnt take it because i read about the side effects then started working with a clinical psychologist who i used to tell about what a panic attack is like so i gave up on the sessions,and know i need help,so i think someone who have been through has got much to offer,anyway i also have health enxiety