PDA

View Full Version : Cipralex - Need reassurance or advice :(

MrsAlphabet
05-12-2011, 06:13 AM
I started Cipralex 3 weeks ago for anxiety issues. The first two weeks I was on 5mg's. I had minor side effects like nausea, headache & foggy feeling. I started takting it at supper time and that seemed to help. I slept better than I did for a long time. I did have episodes of waking up in a panic with a racing heart, but that is not out of the ordinary for me. I take Ativan for that.

A week ago I was upped to 10mg. Since then I have had severe nausea and diarrhea and stomach cramps(which are already anxiety triggers for me) and my anxiety is worse.

I feel so defeated because when I was on 5mg's I felt so optimistic, now I feel worse than before :(

Will it get better? I want to push through, but the diarreha is debilitating :(

MrsAlphabet
05-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Something else to add. Now that i think of it do you think the diarrhea and nausea could be related to Ativan withdrawl????

When I started the Cipralex I also started taking .5mg Ativan every evening to help with the panic waking. I took it straight for about 2 weeks and now I'm trying not to take it as often. I didn't take any last night and woke up with wicked diarrhea this morning. Can you get addicted to it that fast? Now I am freaking out that I am addicted to Ativan :(