PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

DustinRyan
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
It all started late November of last year, got sick and the doctor put me on Prednisone, not sure if it caused it, but shortly after I developed my anxiety. Started off with my heart racing, would usually send me into a panic. Sleeping was awfully difficult, as I would near the point of drifting off into sleep, I would get the feeling as if something had "shocked" my chest and it would jerk me wide awake. I was convinced there was something wrong with my heart. I ended up going to the doctor, he prescribed me Celexa and Xanax. The Xanax would help somewhat but the Celexa didn't do much. After taking the Celexa for two weeks, I noticed how increasingly depressed I was becoming. I stopped taking them. I went to the doctor mid January and had an EKG done. Results came out normal and from then on I was almost completely anxiety free for about 2.5 months. It's mid April and my anxiety is coming back full force. I have been getting headaches almost daily and am light headed quite often. I constantly get a weird tingly feeling sensation in the left side of my chest which sometimes makes me go into a panic. Two nights ago I had a bad anxiety attack, just started off with me feeling a little nervous, had that tingly/heavy feeling in my chest, my nervousness grew and I went into a full panic, my heart was beating regularly (to my knowledge) but I had an overwhelming feeling that I was going to have a heart attack or something of the sort. I was so scared. I ended up taking a hot bath and was able to recompose myself. Since that night I've been so scared to have another attack. All I can think about is my anxiety, I keep feeling my pulse in my wrist and feeling my heart beat in my chest, can't shake that tingly feeling either. I want so bad to be anxiety free again, I've thought about going to the doctor and having another EKG and possibly blood work done to ensure myself that I am okay. Has anyone experienced what I am experiencing? I feel so alone in this, I feel like it will never end either.