PDA

View Full Version : L-Theanine is working so far!

thatgir1985
03-16-2011, 11:37 PM
I've had severe anxiety since I was a kid. I was severely agoraphobic for many years. I've taken Zoloft, Wellbutrin, and Effexor. The Effexor stopped my anxiety once my body got used to it, but I dealt with awful side effects for many years. I stopped taking the Effexor my senior year of university, but went back on it when my depression and anxiety became too much to handle on my own. I felt like I HAD to go back on Effexor. I didn't want to risk taking a new medication at that time in my life. Once life situations started improving, I stopped taking it. I've learned to cope with my anxious nature for the most part, but I wasn't feeling quite 100% yet. I wanted something to take away this constant underlying feeling of mild anxiousness.

This morning I took 200mg of L-Theanine---an amino acid derived from green tea leaves. It helps counteract the effects of caffeine and is a known relaxant.

I'm happy to report that it has worked today. I hope it continues to help me and that I have finally found a safe and effective way to control my anxiety.

Never give up! Things CAN and WILL get better if you HELP yourself!

thatgir1985
03-17-2011, 04:10 PM
I had a lot of success taking one capsule of L-Theanine this evening to help me wind down for sleep. I just woke up a while ago feeling fantastic. This is not something I say in the morning. The mornings are the worst time for my anxiety.

I slept soundly last night and dreamed so vividly that I can remember it.

I do not feel groggy this morning at all. I just feel "chill." No racing thoughts. No stomach pain. No jaw clenching. Hallelujah!

I will continue to provide updates. I don't want to recommend people try L-Theanine yet because I am so new in taking it myself, but it definitely is PROMISING! : )

Nancy1234
03-20-2011, 03:55 PM
I tried it and it worked great. I can't believe it. I was experiencing alot of anxiety while my dr. is weaning me off klonapin.
I'm like you-i hope it lasts!