PDA

View Full Version : Using Food to Cope?

.C.
01-13-2011, 09:34 PM
Foods such as chocolate and others high in sugar are proven to have a calming effect due to the serotonin in them. In addition, eating large amounts of Any type of food has a numbing effect. Therefore with the combination of positive, relaxing chemicals released by chocolate & other processed sugars, and the numbing effect of eating large amounts, i guess its no surprise that i've been making poor food decisions with the hope of managing relentless tension & unexplained anxiety.

I was wondering if anyone else is or previously had run into this problem, and how did you overcome it?I'm not on any meds nor have i ever tried any but am beginning to think it may be necessary to at least consider this option. The tension I deal with is not situational/environment related and therefore can not be relieved by dealing with the trigger.

Any advice or personal experiences are much appreciated! I'm sick of turning to way too much chocolate because' the typical relaxers (bath, reading, talking to friends/family, & intense workouts) aren't working!

olia10
01-25-2011, 11:24 PM
I would suggest trying yoga. Your mind is stuck in a loop and yoga can help you get out of it.