PDA

View Full Version : I'm Flying, and I have MAJOR ANXIETY!

Bridgie
08-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Okay, it's not the flying on a plane part that has me all worked up. First of all, I got up the nerve to book a flight from Baltimore to Cleveland to visit some girlfirends. BIG STEP for me to do this. I was already nervous that I was going to be going through security alone without my husband, and having to wait around the gate by myself. And NOW, two days before I fly, this terrorist thing happens! I cannot even believe it!

I am so petrified I am crying already. I don't care if the plane blows up, because I won't feel it. I am more worried about security and if there will be escalators in Cleveland that I will have to go on. I CANNOT do escalators!

And now, I can't even take my LIPSTICK with me. *Sobs*

I got up a lot of nerve to even do this, now it's getting close and I am losing it.

I just hope my clonazapam works. I will let you know how it all works out. Thanks for any encouragement.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

scatmantom
08-10-2006, 04:39 PM
awww im sorry to hear that.

The entire world is on such a high alert the planes wont get attacked now because the police hav it under control. Nothing will get thru.

Just remember as Superman always said "flying is the safest way to travel"

Bridgie
08-10-2006, 05:48 PM
Thanks ScatMan! I am going to overcome this fear!!!!!!!!!!!

scatmantom
08-11-2006, 05:44 AM
yea I know you can do it. It wont be easy but the first few times it never is. Just remember your worst times and how bad things have been in the past. Then look at your current situation and I'm sure you have made drastic improvements.

Best of luck

Bridgie
08-15-2006, 03:12 PM
OMG I did it! i flew by myself, managed to make it through security (even though I forgot to take my lighter out of my purse and they had to search my purse separately). But I made it! Woo hoo! And had a great weekend!

scatmantom
08-16-2006, 06:36 AM
cool im really pleased for you. How would you feel if you had to fly again soon...im sure you would be able to do it with much less anxiety.

Congrats :D

Angel
09-13-2006, 05:31 PM
thats bad ass Bridgie.

Congratulations.

I remember when it felt good just to drive on the highway for the first time in a while, i kouldnt imagine a plane yet...especially since i have never flown before.

Bridgie
09-13-2006, 05:59 PM
Thanks Angel! I did it, and I know you could too! Actually, once I get on the plane it really helps my anxiety. When you feel the plane taking off, it just feels like all of your worries and anxieties just go with the gravity. It's really cool! I have always loved that feeling of taking off. It's great!

:D :D :D :D

Angel
09-15-2006, 12:05 AM
wow. I just realized i was a month late...