PDA

View Full Version : Help please with new meds!!!

Jono_aussie
07-24-2006, 06:14 PM
hey i just started taking 20mg of prozac in the morning, ive started it about 3 days ago, i feel a bit more anxious and at night im having trouble sleeping really bad nausea that makes me feel sick and makes me worry 100 times more which makes me start to panic, evertime i try to sleep i feel confused and unable to relax with some hot flushes, is this normal??? and how long do these side effects last??, usually in the mornings and at night i feel the worst is this because the meds have worn off? i keep thinking im not gonna be able to have a good night sleep ever :cry: will my sleeping pattern go back to normal once my body gets use to the meds?? and will i stop worrying once the meds start working? im confused any help would be much appreciated thanx, also i have stopped drinking alcohol for about 4 weeks now these feelings arnt from going of the alcohol is it?? i would of had these bad feelings as soon as i gave up if it was the alcohol right? also is it normall to be worried about people putting stuff in your food? i feel like i dont wanna eat something because there might be some drug in it that will make me trip out of something in the food that will interfere with the meds

Jono_aussie
07-25-2006, 04:04 AM
anyone else got the same problem?

Irish
07-25-2006, 09:24 AM
I think going off alcahol might have left you going a little cold turkey, But I try not to take meds so sorry.

Jono_aussie
07-25-2006, 04:05 PM
no im pretty sure its not from the alcohol, because these side effects only started happenin after i started taken the meds, but when i gave up drinking the only side effects was a bit light headed and dry mouth

Jono_aussie
07-25-2006, 09:58 PM
last night i had the best sleep, i took a dosile which the doc told me 2 and it worked wonders i woke up a few times during the night but i was ok, and the nausea has started to go away, i feel more relaxed and calm, still got the dry mouth but i guess it will go away anyways

Jono_aussie
07-26-2006, 05:01 PM
ok so im relaxed during the day but at night i start to feel a bit anxious and low, also in the mornings i feel a nausea worry type feeling in my stomach untill i take my meds than about a hour later i feel allright again, is this just my body adjusting to the new medication? also a little bit of confusion i get is that just adjusting to the meds aswell?