PDA

View Full Version : A message of hope (Bible passage)...

dubbemiah
10-02-2010, 08:30 AM
I am not posting this to be preachy or to impose any kind of belief on anyone, but I believe in God and his promises (simply because it has been proven to me).

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? [1] 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

I have a very strong faith. Not everybody believes like I do, and that is 100% okay. But if you do, this is a good passage to read.. and these are Jesus' words.

My most recent story, is I was unemployed for almost 2 years. My unemployment was almost completely expired, and after countless applications and leads, I landed a job.. and right in the nick of time.

Charmbracelet81
10-02-2010, 09:56 AM
One of my faves!
I have 34 printed and in my wallet! :D

jj1983
10-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Thanks for this. Praying has not helped my anxiety any, but I have great hopes that in time it will. We have bad luck one right after another...that is what we get for being good honest hardworking ppl. Stress and no luck,ugh.

Itzomi
10-03-2010, 09:36 AM
It's sad when we have to sort of "apologize" for mentioning God. I miss the days when people didn't know they were supposed to be offended and let things just roll off their backs if they didn't agree... Anyhoo...

Always good to see something positive. Thanks!

Terror-x
10-03-2010, 02:08 PM
to the lord our prayers save us all holy jesus chris in the name of the father Amen